Egr brand and exhaust recommendations

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
08 lmm ....So looking at either a 4 or 5 resonated exhaust, efi, and possibly the egr delete by sinister , Any recommendations on a source to buy from or guy to do either e-tune or street tune near upstate ny? I'm looking at eBay the package is basically 4 or 5" resonated .... efi, and the sinister egr delete for $1350 anyone or shops on here have any advice or I'm willing to support a shop or tuner

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of the sinister kits. But that's up to you. If you not having egr cooler problems just do a blocker plate and pcv reroute with the exhaust and tune.

I've not been impressed with sinisters gm stuff.

If you really want to delete the egr get something from profab, hsp, wherli in my opinion

Just for reference. I charge less than what your paying for paying for those parts to do a efi tune, exhaust kit, plate and labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
Alright I'm more then happy to get it through you, and I'm not set on the egr kit I just saw it was a addon. And have heard people always talking about deleting themi just want a good reliable tune, but I tow my snowmobile 20ft vnose with it and soon to be getting a big cargo 5th wheel, but the trucks at 100k and the exhaust needs to get replaced anyways sooo I guess it's time....

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
And by labor like labor for the tune? Or for installation of the exhaust lol

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Alright I'm more then happy to get it through you, and I'm not set on the egr kit I just saw it was a addon. And have heard people always talking about deleting themi just want a good reliable tune, but I tow my snowmobile 20ft vnose with it and soon to be getting a big cargo 5th wheel, but the trucks at 100k and the exhaust needs to get replaced anyways sooo I guess it's time....

Well I'm in southern Missouri so that's not gonna work out lol. I was just saying that you can probably get what your wanting accomplished cheaper and better than what you found online.

And by labor like labor or the tune?

I do exhaust install, tune install, exhaust kit, and plate cheaper than your original price.

I'm not vendor here so I don't try to advertise prices or services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I've fixed two LMMs in a row now that the sinister kit either a) cracked the up pipe at the bellow or b) blew y bridge o rings out. Also have had to re drill holes and massage the kit to fit on a LBZ. Will never intall another

If you can remove the egr system yourself, weld the up pipe shut and then weld the steel part of the egr where it feeds up into the alu intake pipe shut. Re install. Cheapest way and will not cause problems down the road. I'd personally buy a delete pipe from profab or whoever to get rid of intake heater and throttle valve, but that adds good bit of cost

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
How hard is it to put the egr pipe in, I'd rather just stick to exhaust and tune if I can avoid getting into the egr but I'm not afraid of digging into anything, I've pulled the motor and done a full 6spd swap on my subaru legacy gt lol so I've built that and just have been putting off this truck until kinda now I guess lol

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
I could have it welded but would rather buy the pipe, how much generally would the setup cost to complete?

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
If you're buying a pipe, scrap the intake heater, unless you live in alaska

Well I live in upstate, go riding up in tug hill and so on last year when I was towing the trailer out it was -25 lol I don't have a grille cover either so luckily I had Antigel in it but I bet alittle colder and she woulda been gellin up...that's obly fueling not sure. What the intake heater is though,.

But yeah I'll keep you in mind if i end up doing the pipe, not sure how far I wanna get into it lol I have enough work with my car lol

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I'd seriously just weld it all up if you think you need the intake heater, then. No chances of the y bridge blowing out or anything like that when its all re-installed. You will be removing the egr cooler and bypassing it with some heater hose.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
So I have heard this before if you don't mind me jumping in. What exactly does the intake heater do for emissions or what do they think it does?