EFI Live Tune

Rebelchevy87

Nov 21, 2008
Whitmore Lake, MI
I currently don't have a tuner of any kind, but I am hoping that when bonus time rolls around (June) I can invest in something. My question, I have a stock trans, and will probably be doing gages and a Transgo Jr in early spring. So when I purchase a tuner, say EFI live from Mcrat, how soon would that kill the trans if I was to use his race tune?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Race tune, lol. Hard to say but why do you want a race tune in a stock trans. truck? Even if the trans holds for awhile, your gonna be loosing power thru it slipping....

Why not a good tune that wont hurt the trans so bad so you can enjoy it a little longer? Also If its a race tune you will prolly need a lift pump for starters too.

Rebelchevy87

Nov 21, 2008
Whitmore Lake, MI
I am good w/ not having a race tune. lol. If I was to buy it though, I would want something until I figured it out a bit. If I could get a less aggressive tune I would be happy.

I don't tow much, and I don't race really, though I do live 5 miles froma dragstrip now...lol.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I'm pretty sure he could hook you up with a mellower tune for daily driving if you asked:D;) Plus you will have access to other tunes and more support. With EFI your oppurtunities are pretty much endless, you can tune it from stock to mild to wild:D

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
See I figured these guys would help you out. I was hoping you wernt gonaa just order a v2 and a race tune then post 3 months later "My trans is limping, do I need a rebuild?" lol.

You are in good hands here :)