Help: EFI live not loading

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
I been tuning lately and when I loaded a tune and clicked start, I thought the tune was the wrong one so I pushed the stop button and the program stopped but no longer would respond so windows closed it. Now I try to load any tune and it says abort halfway through and truck won't start. Can someone point me in the right direction please. Thank you in advance.

Kenny

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
That's strange, I had my laptop go into sleep mode during my first full flash. I exited out of everything and started over from scratch. It worked fine the second time

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I'm def not a efi guru but did u check all ur info on the register screen? Maybe something got jacked up. I'm just throwing ideas out there cause I'm kinda new to efi.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Last resort flash:

Turn everything off. If you have any aftermarket electrics, cut the power to them (alarms, radios, etc). Disconnect batteries for 30 seconds.

Get your original backup of your stock tune. Do a full flash with the OEM tune file. If you don't have it, get one from somebody with the same year and options, or have somebody make you one. Or get a Tech2 and do it.

If none of that works? Buy an ECM with your stock flash preloaded on it. This is a good idea for anybody with Dmax who is hotrodding. It's a good tool for diagnostics, and it's a spare.

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
Update. Never stop the loading of a tune while its actively loading. I think that why it does not work. I left it hooked to the truck last night, and at bout midnight I went out to check it and it loaded successfully!!! :) Truck started right up. Guess it just takes a long time even with the message that keeps repeated like described earlier. Batteries were pretty dead on truck though. Thanks for the help guys.:hug: