Edge with attitude or ppe standard

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
Ok so my warranty is all most up. So i':)ve ask what to get already. And done some research and im between the edge with attitude and the ppe standard. So what do u guys think?

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
My PPE standard just came in today so I loaded it to level two, which I believe was just the 90hp gain and all I will say is WOW! It was carzy at the improvment. I have a 2006 with the lly and it only has a 4" mbrp turbo back exhaust. You will get a lot that say go for EFI live but if that is the two you are contemplting I say the PPE

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
PPE has great tuning. I ran the lvl 4 tune for a very long time before I switched to Efi Live. It's still one of my favorite tunes. Is their any particular reason you're not interested in Efi?

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
$ is the reason plus i don't have the time to learn how to rigt a tune. Did u run level 4 with a stock tranny. Im looking to order a bunch if stuff 4"to daul mbrp exhaust , 3" down pipe, cold air intake and boot for the intake on the turbo

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Yup lvl 4 on a stock trans. The cool thing about Efi Live is that you can let the professionals write the tunes, and all you have to do is load them onto the truck. There is a couple ways of getting Efi Live that cost about the same as buying a canned tuner

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
Where can i find an efi live for around $550 cuz ive looked every where. And that's just about what im paying for the ppe

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
I've been happy with my PPE running on level 3. 4 has a lot more balls but I'm afraid to fry the tranny and it does smoke which will get me busted here in CA.

Level 3 will haze my 35 x 13.5s in 2nd gear fwiw, level 4 full on kicks the back end out.

No clue which one gets better fuel mileage.

js05sierrahd

May 25, 2010
Highland Lakes, NJ
I love my PPE... I bought the Standard (more than enough to fry a stock trans if your not careful) just over 2 years ago set it to level 3 and ran it until 2 months ago or so. Just switched over to level 4 and boy does she kick!

I kinda wish it wasn't as smokey because at times I think I can see the dollars blowing out the tail pipe but it does appear to be netting me better overall mileage than level 3 did.

Maybe some of you guys writing EFI tunes can share your secrets with PPE, on how to write a crazy strong tune that doesn't smoke because thats really my only complaint!

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
PPE is much better tuning than Edge. Also, Edge has been known to create electrical problems on certain trucks. Don't know if they got that remedied or not.

Of course, I would have to recommend EFI live over everything else.