edge tuner ruin injector?

drummeralex2005

Sep 5, 2014
Hello i just baught a 2006 6.6 diesel 56,000 miles and had one owner and i just installed a edge evoloution programmer and have had it on level 3 which is peerformance.. I have messed with diffrent levels like 1-3 and now i have a injector out and fuel regulator out as well.. Any sugestions why this happend? Mabie bad fuel? Idk.. Fuel filter is good 98 percent on head up display... Fresh oil ... What could of caused it ? Any suggestions would help thanks

alex
progress.gif

drummeralex2005

Sep 5, 2014
How do I get rid of it ? It was almost empty when happens then went to Chevron filled up half tank .. Should i change fuel filter an top off fuel ... After they install the injector and fuel regulator ...?

drummeralex2005

Sep 5, 2014
Dealer tested it n said bad .. B4 took n checked harness it's under warranty just didn't wanna happen again .. I'm trying to figure out what caused it .. Thanks

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
Is your evolution a cs or cts display? Mine shows injector balance rates in the diagnostics menu

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
A lot , trying to get everyone's opinion

Well don't please one thread is enough. If someone can assist you they will .Sometimes not right away but if someone has knowledge to share they will.

Not trying to single you out but this is for all newbies that might be reading this.

Thanks

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
You can get bad fuel anywhere, I received mine from the local fuel station, They were kind enough to add water to their fuel at no extra charge. Rarely do the injectors in an LBZ just go out. if the FPR is hosed and only one injector is bad I will be very surprised. If it is/was something like water the longer it sits the worse it will get. I would recommend draining all the fuel you can and changing the fuel filter immediately, If you have the ability to check balance rates I would do so. In my case the "problem" injector moved several times because the water was reaking havoc on my entire fuel system. Good luck