Edge Programmer Problem - - Got any Ideas?

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
I have a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD with a LB7 engine. Truck runs fine without the chip, hook up the chip the Edge (with Juice Attitude with readout on dash) - - works great, gives plenty of power, increases mileage, love the chip BUT... when the chip is hooked up it may run for a week, month or more and suddenly die while driving or not start at all. Once the chip is hooked up it starts right up. There is no warning when it is going to happen, can be going down the driveway or the interstate. Codes were cleared more than once and the chip has been sent into EDGE for it to be reflashed once, have gotten 4 new chips complete as well without any success, same problem. Recently sent back in and the entire time it was gone truck ran fine and will be trying again, any ideas? My understanding is that EDGE cannot figure it out and run it. I have also tried it in a different truck and it worked great, never a burp, since then I have sent it in 5-6 times and gotten the 4 new chips. Anyone have any info on this or an ideas???

Thank you, Rod in MN

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Back in the Edge days for me...... I had the evolution and it would give me fits every now and then. I finally found that it was from the bend in the harness going to the back of the display, it would wiggle and lose connection for a second and that was all it took. I had the pod that fit on the corner of the dash and I was able to pull slack and have the harness make a straight shot and issue was gone. EFILIVE will solve your problems:D And create more

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
what version are they sending you????? I know with mine that I had it was ver# 10 and had troubles . then sent it in and they gave me ver#12 and I believe it was all better but I didnt keep it long after that . EFI Live and not looking back now :D . Its hard to even compare the 2