Edge juice w/ attitude and efi live

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ok, so I mentioned this in another thread I've got but decided to help get more eyes on the situation and get a new thread going.
I'm trying to do efi live on my truck and just assumed I could uninstall my juice chip and use my attitude monitoring system for gauges however as I learned just before flashing, it's not that simple, I need to 100% remove the chip gauges and egt probe and order edge insight.. or do it?? Can I just drop the programmer to setting 0 or stock without worry?? I read on another forums page this could mess with timing and cause issues?? Any help?

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
You must completely return the truck to stock programming before installing any calibrations with efiLive. Setting the tuner to 0 is not enough. As far as using your tuner as a monitor i have no idea. I only have experience with the insight.

If the juice is a pass through device it may work, but it isn't worth the risk to me. What would happen if the tuner accidentally was changed to a higher setting?

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I spoke with a few technicians one of which was who installed my edge 2 years ago, and they all said juice with attitude is not a stand alone model, only way to get gauges is to keep the chip, I was just curious if anyone else was running it this way or not.. looks like I'm getting the new cts2, been needing a good excuse to purchase it anyways

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I wouldn't use a juice with attitude just for gauges because it adds timing even on the 0 power level. Edge evolution you could get away with it but ideally an insight is the best.

D_R_C

Retired
Oct 31, 2011
Rocky Top, USA
Yes, you'll need to remove the Edge W Attitude then install the EFI.
But using the Edge W Attitude for gauges might come with risks.
The stock setting is not factory stock, and the monitor won't work without it being completely installed.
What your asking is called stacking tuners which is not the smartest way to go.
You might be able to sell it for around $200-$250, yes I know that's around 25-30% of what you paid, and buy a used CTS for about the same price.
Tuners W/O deletes don't have a good resale value.

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ya already expected to lose out on a resale seeings as I paid 1050 for install 100 for egt probe and 100 for lvl 6 unlocked.. but I'd rather just have the cts2 now days anyways

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I sold mime for 300 in 6 hours on Craigslist

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

D_R_C

Retired
Oct 31, 2011
Rocky Top, USA
Craig's list is a good place to sell this kind of stuff :thumb:
Waiting for the right person they might pay a little more, just list it a little higher with some wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone 6
NOT USING THE RETARTED Tapatalk. :woott: