LLY: ECM Corrupt?

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
My buddy has an 05 LLY with a Predator on it. While, his screen died on the Predator, and he was stuck on the 85 hp tune, since he couldn't see the screen to re-flash back to stock. So, I finally convinced him to go get his truck re-flashed back to stock at the dealer. When he took it in yesterday, they tried 3 times, and told him his "PCM was corrupt" and couldn't be cleared/re-flashed. The truck still runs, but it's stuck on 85hp tune. So, the stealer told him $1097 for a new PCM.
Is there any way to get another used ECM, and have it flashed to stock if we had is operating system info? Seems to me guys used to be able to buy pre-tuned ECM's from Tuners, and keep their stock ones for dealer visits. Don't hear much about this anymore, but $1100 is a big pill to swallow.

Any advice is appreciated. FWIW, the truck is 180 miles away from me,and my laptop/EFI live, so I won't see him until probably next weekend at the earliest.

Thanks.

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
Just got done with this my hypertech killed my ecm and truck wouldnt start, theres a parts store on ebay that has brand new in the box gm ecm for 299 free shipping then i went to the dealer and got flashed for 100 bux all done.