Duramax Mechanic in Huntsville, Alabama Area?

DeathStar2008

Apr 14, 2014
Hazel Green, Alabama
I have a 2008 2500 LMM that has been throwing the P0087 (Low Fuel Rail Pressure) code and dropping into Limp Mode for the last couple of months. I've had it in two different shops trying to fix it, and both have given up. So far, I've replaced the FPRV, the Fuel Rail Temp Sensor, and it has a nice full set of new fuel lines. Both places claim to have tested the injectors, and say that they're fine. I have talked to a few diesel mechanics and one Master Diesel Mechanic, but none of them will touch a Duramax, claiming that they're too fickle and unpredictable. I really don't want to take it to the dealership, because I don't trust those guys.

Does anyone know of anybody in the Huntsville area that is reputable, or is there a directory somewhere that I can access? I'm desperate at this point, and I'm seriously considering getting rid of my truck, despite the fact that I've driven it for 4 years with no trouble what so ever.

DeathStar2008

Apr 14, 2014
Hazel Green, Alabama
I can find powestroke and Cummins mechanics by the dozen. What is it exactly about the duramax that has them running for the hills? After learning this, the mechanic that has it now sees this as an opportunity, and is thinking seriously about getting his certification as a duramax mechanic.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If you'll fill out your signature and list all your mods and level of tuning we may be able to help you figure this out on your own. There are a few different issues that can cause an 0087 and some are simple to fix. Most shops don't have to deal with this issue because it rarely occurs on a stock truck. Most members here have delt with an 0087 at some point in time as there trucks evolved in mods and performance.

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
Death Star if you continue looking for shops and come across C&W diesel in Warrior. Beware! He may be a great mechanic but it doesn't matter if he won't show up to work, all day, like he did to me. We talked Tuesday afternoon he said be there at 7am and I drove 2hrs to get there before 7am and like a idiot waited around until noon. I still have yet to see him or get a reply from my texts or voicemails on his phone.

Otherwise good luck with your truck issues. Do you have a lift pump?

Also let me know if you find a decent shop.