Dumb ?? Old Tires....

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
I have my old cooper stt tires on stock rims sitting in my garage for almost a year now. They are stacked sideways and was wondering if they would probably still be O.K. to use. Besides not noticing any physical dry rot etc... is there a time period where they just can't be used anymore???

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
X2

The only thing that would be a problem if they were siittng in the sun for 2 years or if they were on a vehicle for a long time and not been moved and got flat spots.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
How did you like them when you had them on your truck? How did they seem to wear? I've been looking for a used set of these for a while now.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
If you go to pep boys you can get Definity Mud Terrians. They are made by cooper but they only sell them at pep boys. They might even be the same tire as the SST but they look very good. I got a 285/75 set on mine for like 525 or something.

But they do wear like a mud tire and need a lot of roatating.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
If you go to pep boys you can get Definity Mud Terrians. They are made by cooper but they only sell them at pep boys. They might even be the same tire as the SST but they look very good. I got a 285/75 set on mine for like 525 or something.

But they do wear like a mud tire and need a lot of roatating.

thanks for the heads up! I've got one close to me so I'll stop on Monday and check it out. I know what you mean about the mud terrains wearing fast but they work great for plowing snow.