Dual fuelers

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND

So in the next month or two I'm taking the plunge to dual fuelers since I'm not breaking stuff fast enough now. Just wondering what the thoughts are going to LBZ pumps over just twin LB7 pumps-seems like a can pick up a second LB7 pump a lot cheaper than two LBZs so just wondering how much that extra rail PSI is worth...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
oh tryin to keep up with me eh?? lol you can make a LB7 pump command the extra 3k the LBZ pumps command, the only difference ive been told is the LBZ pump flows something like 5% more over a LB7 but if you do the little drill bit mod to the back of the LB7 pump, i couldnt say there is much difference. the extra rail pressure is worth a decent increase in power but it will eat injectors sooner if thats something your concerned with. so far, im loving my dual LB7 pumps :happy2:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
If the suction pumps and regs are modded on the LB7/LLY pumps there's no gain in going to the other pumps. I've logged with both (even at 29K psi). They need to be all in good fresh shape when comparing though I've found. This was from my own personal tests. The LBZ/LMM pumps are designed to go to 26K psi when the other 2 are designed for 23K. The LB7/LLY seem to have no problem holding this for me without failure at this point. This is only my results though.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Cool thanks for the info guys-my old CP3 seems to be holding up ok so I think I'm leaving it in the valley-so it won't matter if one pump is LB7 and one is LBZ as long as they both have the LBZ regulators? Or do they need to be pumps that have similar flows (so not one new LBZ and a LB7 with 75K on it)?

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I think as long as your LB7 pump has the regulator changed out to the LBZ regulator you should be fine Andrew:thumb:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Well I just found another LB7 CP3 cheap so looks like twin LB7 pumps with LBZ regulators after the first of the month when I get my hands on the rest of the kit/ controller :woott: