DTC info

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
i have three codes that show a little concern to me they are P0299 P0401 and P0404 i usually just delete my codes to see how soon they turn up i deleted this one and it came back on with in like 10 min. i need help with the P0299 cause i can find that one on any list and need some info on what i need to do about the EGR codes thanks for any help i can get

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
Thanks Kat, so is the EGR codes ok to keep on going with? and what do i need to do about the P0299. do i need to get my mechanic to look at it or is there something i can do. thanks

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Thanks Kat, so is the EGR codes ok to keep on going with? and what do i need to do about the P0299. do i need to get my mechanic to look at it or is there something i can do. thanks

EGR is just going to give you a check engine light won't reduce power.

As far as the 299.... Take off the Bull Dog and see if it still throws it. If it does it most likely your intake. Make sure all the connections are clean and clean your MAF not sure with the brand your running is oiled. If it is you might have to much oil on it and gunked up your MAF.

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
no you dont have to oil the brute force intakes but thanks ill take the bully dog back down to stock and see then take the MAF and see if it is dirty and clean it off thanks for the info you have been a great help

Southgaduramax

Apr 21, 2009
Cairo, Ga
ok i took the bully dog off and cleaned the MAF and still throwing the code and has a severe loss of power like put it to the floor and all she does is rpm goes up and the speed stays the same. i am going home next week and going to try a new mechanic cause the one at the chevy place at home tells me i am stupid every time i bring my truck in because i have after market stuff on it.:mad:

lark3po

Jun 1, 2009
ok i took the bully dog off and cleaned the MAF and still throwing the code and has a severe loss of power like put it to the floor and all she does is rpm goes up and the speed stays the same. i am going home next week and going to try a new mechanic cause the one at the chevy place at home tells me i am stupid every time i bring my truck in because i have after market stuff on it.:mad:

Did you ever get answers? My '06 is doing the same thing...