Drag radial guys

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Was going to run mickey thompson's but I just called they're tech department and they said our trucks are to heavy.:eek: Are you guys running m&h?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
you're going to find that's true for about every drag radial out there as well as slicks.

just gotta run them and hope for the best:eek: Ive seen both mickies and M&H's used on duramax's

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
They are too heavy for street use. For dragstrip use, they seem to be fine.

I've used MT's, M&H, and Hoosier tires on Casper, and haven't had a failure.

None of them have a suitable weight rating for a diesel pickup. But realize that you aren't cruising down the freeway for 100 miles on them either.

SHOTZY

<"Whats next??"
Aug 27, 2008
melbourne, fl
Thanks guys. Is there one you would prefer over the other? The truck is not my dd but will see occasional street use. Basically looking for best strip use but legal for street. I'm not askin much huh!:roflmao:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i run a nitto NTO5R drag radial at the track and they are fine, ...305/45/18:thumb: i have driven these on the freeway once and it cruised just fine..i dont suggest drag radial for daily driving, i drove them on the street only to race it, then i came home and put the 20s back on..

Last edited:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Id look into Nitto 420's

nitto 420s are ok for a daily driver, u will pick up a 1/2 tenth to a tenth or more on your 60 foot time with a good drag radial... the nitto nt555r arent that good..

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
DOT "Cheater" tires should not be used for driving on the street, except for short distances at low speed, at max pressure. They pick up nails like a magnet, handle poorly, are absolutely dangerous in water, and don't have the weight rating we need.

You are best off with a high-performance SUV tire, like Kumho/Toyo/Yokos, Etc.

That being said, I was forced to drive on cheater slicks from Bandimere Dragstrip to the hotel 20 miles away in pouring rain (picture cow pissin on a flat rock) with Casper. You just have to take it easy. It's why I get pissed when idiots from the Dodge Site say I can't/don't drive my truck on the street.

1.7 sixty foots are normally easy on real tires with a good setup and practice. It's that next 0.2 seconds that usually requires cheater slicks.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I ran the m&h dots the weight ratings 1,4xx per tire. Matt aka camomax was running a m&t dot but in a 18" not a 16" like myself and they were rated at around I think 3,200 per tire they looked a lot safer then the m&h I was running.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I put a couple hundred passes on tiny M&H's on PYO's, and never had an issue. The wear pattern was good, i ran 5lbs. more in the front to keep the footprint close. I used them on the street a few times, but you could watch the rubber disapear. I was .03 away from hitting the 1.5 60' area, but could never squeeze it out.