Down pipe question.

duramax34

May 30, 2011
Maine
One of are backhoe trailers came loose and it rolled down a little hill and slammed in to my truck. Anyways the trucks fixed i got to drive it home to day and then to my exhaust shop to have a whole new exhaust put on it because of were it hit it crushed it. And it broke that clamp in half that hold to gether my turbo down pipe to me delete down pipe. So thats not to gether. My qestion is will it hurt the truck /moter/turbo if i just run it off the turbo down pipe? So would be just turbo and like a 1 foot down pipe and thats it.

Grizzly5531

Super Slow
Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
It won't hurt your engine or turbo....but be careful where its dumping and where the airflow underneath the truck is gonna push all that heat from the exhaust you might end up melting something, I would also keep an eye on your tranny temp with it dumping right next to it. It's definatly not something you want to do for an extended period of time.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Moved here. I'd spend the $12 or whatever it costs and put that clamp back on. The sheer loudness alone will piss you off after awhile anyhow. Plus the trans cooler lines run right by there so that and the heat in the floor as well from te exhaust, your asking for trouble if you leave it.

duramax34

May 30, 2011
Maine
No just home then to my exhaust guy. Its like 20min to home then hour and half to my exhaust guy. Like i said my exhaust is mangled from are backhoe trailer.