Don't judge me.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Ok, you can judge me.

I know, I know, "this is a Duramax forum!" but I'm always excited to show off new metal. I still have my 2005 duramax.

Why a ford? I was looking at new trucks last year, a I knew I didn't want a new GM. I have a 2011, and absolutely hate the interior! I feel like gm really cheaped out coming from the 2001-2007's. They turn into rattle traps too fast, and I swear the back seats are smaller than the OBS! (plus that stupid DEF tank hanging down to get caught on everything!)

I've owned Rams, and have never been pleased with them, so the only other choice was the 6.7 ford. So far so good. Looking to put a single GT4094R on it, and as funds permit, build it from there.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Love them. Im 3/4 of the way over the fence to deciding that a Ford PS will be my next truck as well. A white ccsb 6.7 like yours (minus that grill, sorry) with rims & deletes is at the top of my list! Such a good looking truck!!

Congratz!

Mind saying what it cost?

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I have an 04 ferd too. When I sit in the cab and see all the fake wood trim, I feel like a rich man driving a Mercedes. After riding in that thing all day at work I sure am glad to drive my IFS chevy home.:)

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Mind saying what it cost?

I picked it up for $33,000 with 43k on the odometer. It was an XLT with cloth interior. It has the rear veiw camera, power windows, doors, seats, remote start. All the deletes were done by the previous owner, as well as the leveling kit, air bags, b&w in the bed, weather tech floor mats, tinted windows, s&b intake, and a 7" dvd player.

I put in some creature comforts too. Katzkins two tone black leather with heated seats all around, I put on the wheels and tires, grille and now I have chrome door handles. The P.O. had just a straight delete pipe on it, and it was too loud for my taste, so I threw on a 51" donaldson muffler. It's pretty freakin' quiet now. Just a touch louder than stock.

Only thing I'm missing is the cooled seats! lol I wish I had them. I have them in my tractors, and it's nice.......:thumb:

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm usually a black and white kind of guy, but I went with chrome on this one and I think it turned out good.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I have an 04 ferd too. When I sit in the cab and see all the fake wood trim, I feel like a rich man driving a Mercedes. After riding in that thing all day at work I sure am glad to drive my IFS chevy home.:)

Serious. The ride is a little shocking going from a IFS to a SA front end. I threw on some Bilstein 5100's and it gave it a little less hop, so the wheels at least stay in contact with the road now.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I knew that was you I seen in that thing ;) looks good man you should save some money and just use a bw turbo

It's going to get something other than stock. :D I like the BB reliability of the 94r over the journal bearings in the BW. I may cheap out and just throw in a billet 66, just because they are so cheap and easy to come by!

I've also been throwing around the idea of building the LLY and playing with it too!

Funds have been low since I've been saving for the ford and having another crib midget.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Nice truck. Great motor! Glad it isnt one of those 6.0 self destructing grenade motors. Ford makes a nice truck inside too. I prefer chevy because personally i think ford and dodge try too hard to look like tractor trailers. I like my 07classic sierra because it doesnt look like a monster . It is big, but still has an old school look to it.

$33,000?!?!?! Is there a police report? You STOLE that truck! Well done.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
It's going to get something other than stock. :D I like the BB reliability of the 94r over the journal bearings in the BW. I may cheap out and just throw in a billet 66, just because they are so cheap and easy to come by!

I've also been throwing around the idea of building the LLY and playing with it too!

Funds have been low since I've been saving for the ford and having another crib midget.

55k on my bw journal bearings and you know I don't baby the thing :D you won't regret it and can be had for 1100-1400 bucks

I seen your wife was prego in the store lol haven't figured out what causes that yet have ya :rofl:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
What size are the wheels & tires? Ive saved your pics so I have something to aim for if/when I get one. ;)

20x9 -12mm XD badlands 35x12.50 toyo at2's. Badlands in a 22x11 with 37's on a 4.5 lift look amazing on these trucks. I didn't really want a lift, so I stuck with the 20's

I seen your wife was prego in the store lol haven't figured out what causes that yet have ya :rofl:

Whatever it is, I've only done it three times..... How many munchkins do you have now?

The guy I bought it from had just been married and was buying a house. He needed to unload it in a jiffy, and I was happily there to help him out. I thought 33k was ok, but it still seems like a ton of money! It's the most I've ever spent on a truck.

Last edited:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Whatever it is, I've only done it three times..... How many munchkins do you have now?

The guy I bought it from had just been married and was buying a house. He needed to unload it in a jiffy, and I was happily there to help him out. I thought 33k was ok, but it still seems like a ton of money! It's the most I've ever spent on a truck.

Lol I just have the one for now wife wants another but till I get super busy again im saying no

and I spent more then that on my dodge but I was at 45k out the door on a truck with a 60k sticker so I don't think I did bad there