dome light issue

crfdoa

Apr 21, 2013
Torrance, Ca.
I have a 2007 gmc 2500hd classic. When I open the doors the dome lights do not work but the lights in the doors work. If I use the dimmer switch the dome lights dont work either, but if I press the buttons on the lights themselves the lights work. I have checked all the fuses, changed the headlight switch and lubed/checked the door jam switches, nothing works, any thoughts from anyone??? Only other thing I can think of is maybe its a bad bcm? Thanks for the help.

Kansas2500hd

Dec 15, 2013
Kansas
Are they turned on with the steeringwheel controls on the dash display? (odd wording sorry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crfdoa

Apr 21, 2013
Torrance, Ca.
Yes, everything is turned on. Every now and then they will work, but lately they haven't worked at all. It's weird because the door courtesy lights work fine every time I open the door or use the dimmer switch.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
The BCM does control the dome light operations. The map lights have a separate power supply to them from the BCM inadvertant power supply, hence why you can still turn them on manually through the push button. This proves that the ground circuit is still good as both circuits utilize the same ground. If the door lights are working that means the door modules are sensing the door is open and should be sending a data communication signal to the BCM indicating the door is open.

Did you check to see if there was power on both sides of the "TBC 2B" and "TBC 2C" fuses? They should be located in the instrument panel fuse block. If there is power then pull the cover off of the relay block down by where your feet would be. Look for a grey wire with a black stripe. Without unplugging the connector take a test light and check the backside of the terminal and see if it turns on. Make sure your dome lights are set to be on when testing. If the test light lights up you have a broken wire somewhere. If it doesn't light up you will need to pull the panel below the steering wheel to get access to the body control module. Check for voltage at the same grey/black wire and if there is no voltage more than likely the BCM is shot.

crfdoa

Apr 21, 2013
Torrance, Ca.
Did all the tests, everything turn out positive. Did some checking around and finally found a loose connection on a relay in the fuse box. Thank you guys for the help.