DIY Twin over Stock Question

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
Looking to make this happen but have a few questions before I get the knuckles bloody.. Specs are large to say the least.. compressor a/r 60..hot side a/r is 1.40 with a split t6 flange journal bearing TV series Garrett off an industrial rig of some kind. Yes I could go buy a BW475 and be done with it...but i picked this up for $100 with no shaft play side to side or in and out..soooo i'm inclined to try this first for obvious reasons. My HP goal is anything reliable on a studded, stock bottom end lb7 with built trans. mods are in my sig..

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
hrrrmmm...great point trubbs... it seems that in all my rambling i forgot to ask the damn question :rofl:.. will a turbo with these specs be a good candidate for the LP unit over stock setup?.. fab wise it would be very similar to the write mariner did awhile back..

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
What's the specs on the turbine and compressor wheel? We need more info than aspect ratios. What size hot pipe and charge pipe are you going to use?

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
i'll have to take it apart and measure when i get home dont remember. hotpipe will be 3" .charge pipe will be 3-1/2 into IHI

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
Exhaust side sounds way too loose to me. Might not spool very well

What do you mean by "loose"?

What are guys making power wise on twin lb7 setups with stock bottom ends? I want a fun street truck thats reliable enough to take the family on vacation and on hunting trips.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Seems like to me, with the small turbine wheel inside a big exhaust housing, it was ment for a big motor with alot of exhaust flow. It might be ok, but wouldn't surprise me if it was slow to spool.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
What do you mean by "loose"?

What are guys making power wise on twin lb7 setups with stock bottom ends? I want a fun street truck thats reliable enough to take the family on vacation and on hunting trips.

that a.r. with that turbine housing would make it spool slower for sure. it would probably flow a bit more but you can only cram so much through the factory charger.

jmo if your towing id just spend the 500 on the bw475 and be done with it.

hp#'s for stock bottom end lb7 below. 2+ years strong with this setup stock fuel. valve covers never been off.

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
i'd be super happy with those numbers on a stock bottom end. I dont tow anything major.. ski boat, an the occasional car hauler with buddies broke down For...uh....truck :D .. Im also planning on ditching the edge and going efi.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
that a.r. with that turbine housing would make it spool slower for sure. it would probably flow a bit more but you can only cram so much through the factory charger.

jmo if your towing id just spend the 500 on the bw475 and be done with it.

hp#'s for stock bottom end lb7 below. 2+ years strong with this setup stock fuel. valve covers never been off.

Where can you score a 475 for 500?

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
ive seen them on the bay for 700's but thats once in awhile.. if you can get them for 500 thats a pretty damn good deal.

sneezer03dmax

Dec 1, 2011
i'm going to fab up this kit and see how it performs with this big guy.. if I dont like the spool up on the LP unit i've got a great piece to decorate my man cave with...

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I bought mine from forcedinductions.com around 2 years ago for 575 shipped... i guess inflation impacts everthing.