DIY bed liner

05duri720

Jul 24, 2012
Central NY
What have you guys been using for roll-on type bed liners and how are they holding up? I want to replace the crappy plastic liner, but when I do I want to do it right the first time

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't done it yet but I've read a lot of good things about Raptor Liner. That's what I'm planning on using when I get around to it.

Mxmike800

Dec 25, 2013
Chicago
www.facebook.com
ive used herculiner. i used some dish wash soap and a nice scothbrite pad and hand scrubbed everything i was going to coat. make sure you get the gloss sheen off so itll adhere better. did my bed and bumpers on my old ford. held up great. also a couple coats helps too. 1 gal goes a LONG way. i had .5 gal left over 3/4 coats on a 6' bed and front n rear bumpers.

its all in the PREP just remember.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Rust-Oleum from Rural king works great they sell the entire kit with everything that you need to do the project for $100. The better you do at doing the job and the thicker you apply greatly affect its life.

And yes 1 gallon goes a very long way. We had about .25 gallons remaining after doing a long bed Cummins, after 3 coats.

NKlamerus

Jan 31, 2014
Agreed on raptor liner. Look into sprayable bed liners vs rolling it on. Just seems much easier to keep it even and it's faster. No matter what company you go with its all in the prep.

2002 LB7 HypertechMaxEnergy. 4x4. Ranchands. 33Coopers. Stupid is a Stupid Does.

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
I'll 4th or whatever the raptor kit. I did the herculiner in my short wheelbase and used the full gallon and it holds up ok but I USE my bed. To the point. I used raptor to do my rear throttle down Kustoms bumper and it has held up great to the trailers that's hit it and trees, ect. It is very easy to apply.

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
I used als liner on my old dodge used four gallons on the whole truck looked pretty sweet. I'm going to do the rocker panels flares and bumpers on my Chevy but I think I'll use monstaliner this time because of all there color options.