Question: Difference between high door handle and low door handle.

Dale08

Jul 29, 2016
AR
I am wanting to replace my drivers door. When I search I am getting asked the question of high handle or low handle. I know its asking basically for trim level. I get that.

But what I want to know is can a low handle door be gutted, and swapped to a high handle door? Its all cables anyway correct?

Dale08

Jul 29, 2016
AR
Ive only deal with 08's. I didn't think of the lock rods. My old 1500 low handle, the lock rods appear to be in the same spot as my 3500 high handle.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The steel structure is all the same. I put Denali door panels on my work truck doors.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im not as familiar with the NBS trucks, but is it a function of trim levels and manual to electric windows/locks?

Dale08

Jul 29, 2016
AR
Thanks josh. That's what I was wanting to know.

The bac. I know its trim levels. The deluxe/denali trim level, the handle is up high near the dash airvents. Where the mid/low trim level its down near the seat cushion.

Now maybe the shell is different if you have manual/electric. But the question it ask is high/low, not man/elec.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, if you're replacing just the door shell, they would all be the same no matter the trim level.
Id think it would be simple enough to just change all the door hardware from my existing door into the new shell. All the holes/attaching points should be the same.