Question: Diesel Technology Source DTS Issue..........

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Ok guys I am having a issue with Diesel Technology Source.

I bought a set of what was suppose to be never installed Exergy reman injectors for my lbz. I called DTS and paid for them over the phone. I had them sent directly to exergy cause I was going to have them do bigger nozzles. First thing this morning I called Exergy to make sure they received them. When talking to the guy he said they was USED injectors not Remans.
So I called DTS and spoke with there secretary. He said let him talk to the owner and would call me right back. 10 Minutes later he called me back and said they was not advertised as remans. I told him I have screen shots showing they was. So then he tried telling me there is not difference since the ones they sent was cleaned and checked by exergy. I told him I paid for unused remans. So he had me email the picture of screen shot to David and he will call me back ASAP.
After a couple hours I called them as asked if David got the pictures. He said yes but claimed that there is nothing they can do about it since it was a consignment deal from there shop from a customer. After telling him I bought them from DTS as my Visa receipt shows he said he will have David call me back. 3 hours later I have not heard back I call specifically asking for David. The Secretary told me that it is not there issue.

All I want to do is talk to David to work this out but it seems as he is trying to do is point the finger. I am sure he is a busy man but don't say he will call me right back. I am to the point where I do not know what to do. I have been calm with them until the last call. It upsets me cause the injectors are sitting at Exergy but they refuse to refund my money. If I wanted used I would have sent my stockers in. Does that mean its my job to track down there customer?

BTW Nate works for DTS.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
File a claim with Visa if they refuse to refund your money?

I am not sure what to do. According to exergy they was cleaned, checked and have the paperwork with them from when they was sent in. But not unused remans. I would really like to just talk to David and work it out. But I am not sure if I should file a claim with Visa or resell them as just good stockers. There was no core so that helps. My bank told me to talk to owner but I don't think that's going to happen.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You should get what you paid for. If that's not going to happen and you paid with Visa they will help make it right or you should get your money back.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
One of there employees said they are going to contact me and get it resolved. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
He was calling me on a regular basis with trans problems. Then he argued with me when I gave him answers. I told him not to call me any more. He is a real dumbshit.
He was a gardener a couple of years ago and became a diesel guru overnight.:eek:
A lot of guys bought his transmissions after listening to his BS line.:dontknow:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
He was calling me on a regular basis with trans problems. Then he argued with me when I gave him answers. I told him not to call me any more. He is a real dumbshit.
He was a gardener a couple of years ago and became a diesel guru overnight.:eek:
A lot of guys bought his transmissions after listening to his BS line.:dontknow:

Seems like its becoming a more common thing. Diesel shops are popping up like crazy. Anyone with access to forums and a set on craftsman tools are doing it. Then insulting the guys that have been doing it for years.

They did call me today. They told me to call exergy and have them send the injectors back. Once they get them back they will refund everything but the shipping cost to and from exergy. Witch I don't think is right but just want this head ache to be over with.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Seems like its becoming a more common thing. Diesel shops are popping up like crazy. Anyone with access to forums and a set on craftsman tools are doing it. Then insulting the guys that have been doing it for years.

They did call me today. They told me to call exergy and have them send the injectors back. Once they get them back they will refund everything but the shipping cost to and from exergy. Witch I don't think is right but just want this head ache to be over with.

I'm neutral here but don't bring craftsman tools into this argument I use them everyday and I thank they are as good as quality of a tool as any jmho:thumb:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I do to. But not on anything that is tight. To many brokin knuckles from them. Been slowly moving to snap on. We get 50% off of retail on them.