Diesel Noob

Maximus Prime

Jan 15, 2017
Hi! As the title suggests I am new to the world of diesel. I purchased a 2017 Denali HD this week and I have some goodies on order to be installed in the next week or so. So far I LOVE the truck and the power that she bestows whenever you breathe on the right pedal I am certainly not new to trucks and I have modified plenty or street-rods in the past, but I have a lot to learn about diesels. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the journey and expect to learn a lot along the way

Maximus Prime

Jan 15, 2017
Here are the "Before" pictures. I will post the "After" pics next week :)

MaxP1.jpg
MaxP2.jpg
MaxP3.jpg

Attachments

• MaxP1.jpg
    MaxP1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 27
  • MaxP2.jpg
    MaxP2.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 28
  • MaxP3.jpg
    MaxP3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 27

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
That's a very nice pickup!! Welcome! What all do you have planned for the truck? Hopefully with time they start putting more performance stuff on the market for them. I heard those trucks are pretty limited but you also want to save that warranty I'm sure.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Maximus Prime

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks! I am putting a 3" lift on the front to level things out along with new wheels and tires, adding OEM cab lights, tinting the windows and (hopefully) adding AMP running boards :)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
3" lifts are a bad idea. Get a real 4" lift that drops the diff you have to have a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No point in buying a lift for that just crank the bars up a little. Just know if you don't get a real lift your going to wear the front end out faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
Ya I agree with that. Cranking the keys up or leveling it will put everything out of sync up front getting a good 4 or 6 in lift is the way to go drops the diff keeping everything damn close to the stock geometry. Plus it will ride like shit with the keys cranked up. At least mine did before I put a fabtec lift on.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk