DDing on drag radials?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
anyone ever try it? i know lots of gasser 2wd guys that do but they're obviously way lighter...wondering about how many miles i could get if i dont abuse them too bad

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I know moat of them will not hold the weight of our trucks for long periods. Sik Dmax attempted to drive home on his set from the track and had a blowout.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
hmmm...ill have to check the weight ratings.. thats some real bad news for me because even if i didnt DD on them I would still wear them to street events....or would like to anyway

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
hmmm...ill have to check the weight ratings.. thats some real bad news for me because even if i didnt DD on them I would still wear them to street events....or would like to anyway

That doesn't make too much sense? Why not just change them at the track? IIRC my M&H Radials were rated 14xx lbs per tire I would never DD those tires

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
thats no big deal but it is inconvenient ide have to being some chain and a lock to lock my reg tires to a fence or something. but that wont help me for on the street if im at a car meet or something and have to throw down...

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I'm a little confused but why would you be street racing for one. And two why spend the money to have good tires for the track if you just want to drive around town on them. Do you like the way your truck looks better with them? If so just get some tires and the same rim combo that you have for D/R.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I'm a little confused but why would you be street racing for one. And two why spend the money to have good tires for the track if you just want to drive around town on them. Do you like the way your truck looks better with them? If so just get some tires and the same rim combo that you have for D/R.

ide be lying if i said i didn't street race...however i don't do it like jackass we have designated and deserted areas we run at.

i don't wanna ride around all day and screw up some nice track tires. however if im going to a car meet or event that has a good possibility of me racing someone as well as the track it would be nice to be able to change wheels before leaving home...its just easier. and less crap to haul around.

if i was gonna get a set to only use at the track and change them whenever i got to where the race was why even bother with radials at all? i would just get full slicks

Last edited:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Why not put your drag radials on at home, before you go to the meet/event/show?...That way you keep the mileage down on the expensive tires...

Disclaimer-Street racing is dangerous and illegal...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Why not put your drag radials on at home, before you go to the meet/event/show?...That way you keep the mileage down on the expensive tires...

Disclaimer-Street racing is dangerous and illegal...

x2, and is not supported by DD:D

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I really have not found many other cars or truck on the street that can out run me while im on my street tires. Even when there running slicks I lived in one of the biggest street racing areas on the east coast. I was only 30 mins from Philly Pa and 45 min from Dundalk Md that and street racing is big 5 mins from my old house outside Elkton MD in Newark De. I drove to the track on my D&R from M&H but did not feel safe doing it really there fine at the track but to many chance of a stone popping one open. If I ever got another set it would be in a 18" or 20" rim setup with M&T's there rated more for are front end weight.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey

Disclaimer-Street racing is fun and highly profitable:thumb: ...

;) haha. but yea thats basically what im getting at, my dragstrip is a little over an hour away though so i want to be comfortable both in the saftey of it and that they're not going to be worn to nothing after 4 trips:rolleyes:

x2, and is not supported by DD:D

huh? i like double d's :angel:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I really have not found many other cars or truck on the street that can out run me while im on my street tires. Even when there running slicks I lived in one of the biggest street racing areas on the east coast. I was only 30 mins from Philly Pa and 45 min from Dundalk Md that and street racing is big 5 mins from my old house outside Elkton MD in Newark De. I drove to the track on my D&R from M&H but did not feel safe doing it really there fine at the track but to many chance of a stone popping one open. If I ever got another set it would be in a 18" or 20" rim setup with M&T's there rated more for are front end weight.

you do realize im 45 minutes from philly?;):hug:

you know the scene like i do. and if i come out of the hole that much harder thats that much better of a chance i have of winning. my truck run's 12.5's and thats no secret (anymore:mad:) and i usually beat low 12 sec cars on the street just because i leave so hard and they don't realize it....but the harder the better and thats still more of an advantage to me

Last edited:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
;) haha. but yea thats basically what im getting at, my dragstrip is a little over an hour away though so i want to be comfortable both in the saftey of it and that they're not going to be worn to nothing after 4 trips:rolleyes:

My truck, which is probably heavier than most, weighs 4200lbs on the front end...What are your drag radials rated for?...IMHO, I would never drive over an hour on my good tires, unless I had unlimited funds...The tread depth is not the only thing that is affected by mileage:rolleyes:

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
If you were to drive 5 mins down the road I cpuld see it but not 45 mins there and back. I would get a set of proxes for your street racing tire. You can launch more then hard enough with those IMOP for the street and even the power level you are at for the track.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Sik Dmax attempted to drive home on his set from the track and had a blowout.

sikdmax also had had a little too much to drink and hit a curb, which was the cause of that blow out...if Im not mistaken.

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but I just wanted to clear it up that I dont think people should be scared of blow outs if they drive them on the street.

ben

Last edited:

NJ_LLY

Back in action
Nov 4, 2008
Browns Mills, NJ
The MT's are fine to drive on for DD. Last summer I put atleast 1500 miles on a set before i sold them to another member here who still drives on them from time to time. My new MT's have about 400 on them so far. These tires are a radial tire. They are intended for driving on. If the load rating is correct you can drive on them.