Cut or lift?

AKRiverRunner

Jun 2, 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
I installed 295/65-18 Goodyear Duratracs on 18x9 Moto's with +12 backspacing. After trimming the front inner fender and lower bumper they fit ok with rubbing only on uneven surfaces. I have the torsion bars up 4 turns so far.

Problem is that I need 1/4" more at the rear lower area of the fender where it is already running to install mud flaps. These tires like to grab large rocks and throw them at 65 on the highway.

I don't want to max out the torsion bars and get into all the associated problems. Is it easy to get 3/4" more clearance somehow or should I just order a 6" Zone lift?

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
personally im not a lift fan, and for Alaska i dont really like them for the various road conditions. i dont have much of an answer for you but i would recommend trying to avoid the lift. my lb7 towed like crap on icy roads in 4x4, pulling hills it was way to squirrely when i got in the throttle with the torsion bars cranked up a quite a bit.

AKRiverRunner

Jun 2, 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
I would probably lower the lift to 4" if I go that way. Too many negatives in handling it seems to max out the torsion bars. If I lift it anymore it will probably be the zone lift.
yju3ege5.jpg

Last edited:

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Cut it!!

I've seen some guys do a really nice job (clean) with cutting, bending, folding, and they get quite a bit of extra room. I've seen a thread about it somewhere, but now I can't find it.