Crank, start, die.

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
I was pulling a 5th wheel camper two days ago and has my'09 3500 DRW on CC at +- 80. We were pulling a slight South Mississippi hill when the truck down shifted, I heard a medium volume pop, I thought I blew a hose to my heater core, but the sound came more from the middle of the truck to the driver's side. Also, there wasn't and hasn't been any fluid leaked. No obvious breaks on anything. The truck will crank up and then run for 1-2 seconds at most then die. I was running a bank's economind tuner on stock. While using a PPEI tuned DSP5, I was running on my #2 tow tune. The banks IQ throwed a crankshaft position sensor code or error. My autocal only shows two codes, U0100 and U0101. Failure to communicate with ECM and TCM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my welding rig, work truck, so I need to get it running in the worst kind of way..

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
Take the banks off or take the efi live off. Not supposed to run both at the same time even if the banks was on stock. Messes with the computers

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So you are trying to run banks as gauge or a tuner? On top of efilive...

Either way if the crank isn't broken take the tuners off return ot to stock and try to start it.

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
After I towed my truck home, the next morning I immediately removed the Banks. I was only goin to use it as a gauge cluster.(that's all its good for anyway) I will check my balancer for wobblin, even though the engine will only run for a few seconds...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Doesn't need to be a wobble to have a broken crank. Can be broken behind main 2 or farther and won't wobble up front. Mine didn't wobble. Broke behind main 4. Same crank position code.

Does it have a knock when it does run?

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Are you still experiencing ECM/TCM communication issues? Have you went through your fuses and checked the bail connectors on top of the motor?