Couple question (turbo and fuel system)

TTBOOST

May 18, 2016
I am getting ready to order some stuff for my truck and I want to get a new turbo. I was just wanting some opinions and info between the Danville stage2r or the billet 4049 which one is louder as far as turbo whistle? And does anything need to be modified for installation. Currently the truck has 5" stright piped, afe intake and edge race programmer but I've already been emailing ATP and I'm going to switch over to efi live with the edge cts2. I'm also going to order a lift pump and a cat fuel filter adapter which ones would everyone recommend that have the least amount of issues.

Last edited:

TTBOOST

May 18, 2016
Well I don't want to go built Trans plus in out in North Dakota working for the next 7 months so I can't have the truck down for more than a day and a half. Are any venders having Memorial Day sales? Think I'll just wait till then to order anything.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If you cant afford to have the truck down for any length of time, then I'd just leave it alone for now. That would be the smart thing to do. That also gives you time to get your plans finalized and build up the wallet, too.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
You can limp the trans with the stock turbo. If you're simply wanting a loud truck my turbo is decent I have downpipe and 5" exhaust. But like others said efi live and built trans are generally considered a prerequisite for turbo upgrades. Most good shops can swap a tranny out in a day so don't need to worry about down time :thumb:

TTBOOST

May 18, 2016
I prefer to do everything myself I enjoy wrenching on stuff. I think for now I'm just going to do efi live edge insight cts2, airdog2 4g and the cat filter/ adapter. Until I can get back home and have time to work on the truck. I've had crazy amounts of problems with the stock fuel filters so I want to address that first.