Cooper Zeon LTZ

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Anyone run these tires? They look pretty bitchin' and I need a new set of tires for my new wheels. They come in an E range 305/55R20 (equivalent to a 33x12.50) with a 3200# load rating. Just wondering how they are on the street in dry and wet weather, at the track, off road, etc. Here's a pic:

LTZ_Zeon.jpg

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I have been running them since march. i'm running 285-60-18s big time difference in dry and wet handling compaired to the stockers. didnt really get to the track too much this year but the couple times I went they seemed to work pretty good. and if I remember correctly they are supposd to be about a 40K mile tire.I have about 20K on mine and they still look in good shape.
hers a pic I have of them

Attachments

• barn shot.jpg
    barn shot.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 137

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
Anyone run these tires? They look pretty bitchin' and I need a new set of tires for my new wheels. They come in an E range 305/55R20 (equivalent to a 33x12.50) with a 3200# load rating. Just wondering how they are on the street in dry and wet weather, at the track, off road, etc. Here's a pic:

LTZ_Zeon.jpg

I recently purchased a set of 'em...so far so good....pretty quiet and ride good on the highway..seem to handle well driving in rain...got me in and out of the woods pulling a lowboy with a Polaris Ranger on it.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
just a note. nost sure how the 20s are rated but the 18s are XL and I think 3100 lbs capacity but they only take 50 psi. dont know if that would make a difference for you. I towed a 28 foot enclosed from NJ to Ga empty and picked up a 73 mustang and hauled back to jersey and they didnt flatten or bow much at all. towed really well

bigfish_Oh

black again
Apr 12, 2009
West Liberty, Ohio 43357
I drove these daily for 6000 miles, Zeon 265/17. I bought them for the different tread look and they felt good wet or dry, I did not go off road. They are listed in class.

newwheels002.jpg

newwheels005.jpg

Last edited:

Texasmax

Sep 20, 2007
DFW-Texas

LTZ_Zeon.jpg

They look great. Did you get a good deal on them locally? I'm looking for a set of 20" tires also. Let me know.

Dix

Also....your truck running yet??

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I wanted to get a set but was afraid I'd have an issue towing my 5th wheel which weighs in around 10k lbs. I'd like to hear more stories of folks using the "non" E load tires for towing. They would probably be used 8 or so weekends going around 500 miles each trip.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Why would you have a problem with 10k pound trailer that is only goin to have about 1500-2000 tongue wieght. I run E rated tires on all our diesel pickups and have never had a problem hauling anything.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for all the input guys. I just wanted some feedback from guys that have run them to see if they were happy with them before I decided to get them.
They look great. Did you get a good deal on them locally? I'm looking for a set of 20" tires also. Let me know.

Dix

Also....your truck running yet??
I haven't bought the tires yet. I'm going to do some price checking to see what kind of deals I can find. I'll let you know what I come up with. The truck isn't running yet, but I'm hoping it'll be going in a couple of weeks.
I wanted to get a set but was afraid I'd have an issue towing my 5th wheel which weighs in around 10k lbs. I'd like to hear more stories of folks using the "non" E load tires for towing. They would probably be used 8 or so weekends going around 500 miles each trip.
I have a set of 285/70R17 Firestone Destination M/Ts that are a D range. I've towed up to a 12k lb bumper pull trailer with no problems whatsoever.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

I've used load "D" tires before but they still had a weight rating as high as my "E" tires. They just rode a lot nicer

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
A little input from a previous wholesale tire salesman . Cooper tires typically wear very good , but have a tendency to be out of round . best thing to check is that the tire has not ben trued . you can see this on a new tire on the outside ribs it will look like its ben shaved in spots . I sold tens of thousands of cooper tires in the years I was a salesman on the road . After leaving the Cooper distributor , I sold almost every other major oem tire manufacturer out there , so this is not a jab against cooper tires in anyway

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
My bfg a/t 17s were d load but most d load tires call for 65 psi where as the coopers were only 50. That's where I was concerned. The toyo's that I run on my 18s have to go next spring, so I'll likely try a set of these or the hancook rf10s.

If you get em Josh - let us know how you like em.:D

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
Thanks for all the input guys. I just wanted some feedback from guys that have run them to see if they were happy with them before I decided to get them.

I think you will be happy with them...I get alot of compliments on them and I am extremely happy with their performance..I put them thru a test this past weekend and they passed.

picture.php
picture.php