cooper stt (hey trent)

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
so i put some new tires on my truck a few weeks ago. 305/60r18 cooper stt. today we had some snow and ice in NC. I actually really like these tires a lot. they did really well today. just thought i would share.:hug:

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I really like the look of those tires too and I'm glad to hear that they are performing well. I was going to get these when I got tires last but I came into a set of Firestone Destination M/T's that I couldn't pass up.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I ran them as summer and pulling tires and really liked them. Treadwear was pretty good considering the weight of our rigs and traction for truck pulling was great.

Looking to put a 4 inch lift on and putting some 33x12.5R17's on this spring.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I ran them as summer and pulling tires and really liked them. Treadwear was pretty good considering the weight of our rigs and traction for truck pulling was great.

Looking to put a 4 inch lift on and putting some 33x12.5R17's on this spring.

I really want to get a set that size for my pulling tires. Are there many other guys pulling with them?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I had 35/12.5R18 ones on my truck with a 6" lift. Hated my STT's. Fast wearing and noisy. The first set I had one tire that if it was on the front it pulled to that side. Second set didn't wear much better.

Wait till you get 20 000miles on them and then we will see how much you guys like them.
Personally, I think the ST's are better.

Im currently running Goodyear Duratrac Studded winters and so far they seem ok. Gonna need new tires come spring though as these ones won't last if I run them through the summer!

soot04max

Jul 14, 2008
Montgomery, Pa.
I run them for winter and they work great.

mine are 265s and I have used them for pulling and didnt hook at all, but I think that has to do with the small size

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I had stt 285's for my last set of tires and loved them, put them through hell and back. I'll be going back to them after i wear the atr's out.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I had 35/12.5R18 ones on my truck with a 6" lift. Hated my STT's. Fast wearing and noisy. The first set I had one tire that if it was on the front it pulled to that side. Second set didn't wear much better.

Wait till you get 20 000miles on them and then we will see how much you guys like them.
Personally, I think the ST's are better.

Im currently running Goodyear Duratrac Studded winters and so far they seem ok. Gonna need new tires come spring though as these ones won't last if I run them through the summer!

Maybe the larger sizes aren't that great but with my stock height 06 I was running a 265 (fairly small) and treadwear was good for pulling, daily driving, and tire roasting (40K+). I did notice more noise than the stockers but anything with a fairly aggressive tread is going to be a little louder.

I was running a 265 while others were running lifts and 33 or 35 inch tires with a bigger footprint and we were all making similar power and I was keeping up and/or beating them. It might not have been the best tire for every condition, but for our tracks it seemed to work better than the AT's, Toyo's, or STS's....

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I know this thread is about the stt but just wondering if anyone has ran the Zeon LTZ? Liked them or trash?

The only problem with the ltz's... if your runnin the wheels in your sig and your trucks pretty much stock height, I think you would have to run a 305/50-20 which come with no ply rating. You go to a 305/55-20 in a 10 ply (what i would run) their to tall and scrub like a biatch! Ive seen people tow and everything with the extra load 305/50-20s but not me!!:thumb: