Compound install...

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Shitty go around and complete failure with the compound install today. Get everything torn down. Was looking at my stock charger and decided to check for shaft play. Low and behold there is. Just under 1/8" side to side and the same amount in and out. I figured thats where the noise was coming from, that I have been trying to track down. My truck has under 65k on it. Shit what else could go wrong? Decided that I was going to continue with the install. The setup does not fit. Even with an hour of fighting and adjustments still no go.

Now I need to figure out what I should. Waste the money on a replacement oem charger or get a 364. Then try to fight the twin setup again. Or return the twins and get my 472 rebuilt and run that for a little bit until I can build my own twin setup. Hmmm. Today blew donkey shlong.

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Sucks to hear man.

I've got a LMM turbo sitting here that has no issues that I have up for sale cheap.

Ideally I would say I would work out a partial trade for the 475, but that doesn't work for you staying with twins. :D

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Sucks to hear man.

I've got a LMM turbo sitting here that has no issues that I have up for sale cheap.

Ideally I would say I would work out a partial trade for the 475, but that doesn't work for you staying with twins. :D

Thanks man. Debating hard if I want to put another vvt parasite into the valley to twin over.

Last edited:

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Haha. Some guys love them, some hate them.

I bought an LLY to swap the top end on to my LB7, mainly for injectors and to run a 72mm VGT. Then I decided against it and put injectors in it. Now it's sitting there and I keep debating on doing it for the VGT turbo. Who the hell knows. :roflmao:

Let me know if your figure something out and want it. Or if you want to get rid of the 475 cheap.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Anyone know if a diamond eye down pipe will work with a borg warner s300 frame charger? Trying to cut down on cost and reuse my down pipe.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Haha. Some guys love them, some hate them.

I bought an LLY to swap the top end on to my LB7, mainly for injectors and to run a 72mm VGT. Then I decided against it and put injectors in it. Now it's sitting there and I keep debating on doing it for the VGT turbo. Who the hell knows. :roflmao:

Let me know if your figure something out and want it. Or if you want to get rid of the 475 cheap.

Not getting rid of the 475 quite yet. I actually bought it from F.I. separate from the kit. If I need anything I'll let you know. Actually do you have an extra engine oil fill tube?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
What doesn't fit?

With this set up I had to get the hot pipe in to correctly position the big turbo. I did that, did not clamp it down. Set the turbo on the mount, with the mount bolts loose at the exhaust manifold. Had the turbine housing loose as well. I had to finagle the turbo so the flange would mate with the hot pipe. I got it close, was able to put two bolts through the flanges to hold both components together. I noticed the turbine housing was resting on the pcv spring house on the valve cover. The turbo can not move anywhere there is no clearance, but it needs to move a little bit closer to the hot pipe to be tightened. With the turbo sitting on the mount. I tried to install the down pipe just to double check that clearance. None is there. The down pipe flange on the turbo is touching the hard a/c line off the condenser. Was able to finagle the top portion of the down pipe in there and mate it to the turbo. But Again no clearance anywhere. The down pipe was smashed against the condenser and the valve cover. And was sitting on top of my coilover tower with no where to go.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I've got one. There is no room man. I looked at it from all different angles. This set up is not going to work. Even if I cut off pieces from my c/o tower, which I'm not going to do. It will weaken the tower and there still would be no clearance between the v/c, condenser and down pipe. This f@ckin blows!

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Take the turbine wheel from the 72 and put it on the 75 with a .90 housing. It will be fun when it lights