Allison 5sp: Codes

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
1300 miles on a rebuild for transmission and transfer case (due to pump rub). Replaced the ATF in my transfer case with Mobil 5/30 synthetic, hour later trans limped. Throwing C0055, P0842, P0847. Replaced spin on filter and reset codes. Limpes after trans is warmed up, runs ok when first starting (cold).

Any Ideas? Removed programer and running stock, still limps. Rebuild guy no longer returning my calls. I thinkg the Mobil 1 change has nothing to due with my current issues, but would like to hear from others if someone has had the same problem.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
1300 miles on a rebuild for transmission and transfer case (due to pump rub). Replaced the ATF in my transfer case with Mobil 5/30 synthetic, hour later trans limped. Throwing C0055, P0842, P0847. Replaced spin on filter and reset codes. Limpes after trans is warmed up, runs ok when first starting (cold).

Any Ideas? Removed programer and running stock, still limps. Rebuild guy no longer returning my calls. I thinkg the Mobil 1 change has nothing to due with my current issues, but would like to hear from others if someone has had the same problem.

What year and what mods on the trans?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Problem can be a bad pressure switch manifold, stuck valve or wiring at the valve body.

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
Talked to Mike, he suggested I reach out and ask "does anyone know a good shop" in Fort Worth TX area?

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks to all who responded, special thanks to Mike L. for taking the time to listen to my issue.

I spoke with "Jim" @ Texas Performance Diesel, 903-473-1144, Emory TX (just East of Dallas). Super nice guy, looks like he'll be able to help me get back on the road, with out doing major surgey on my wallet!

Thanks again to all! :thumb::thumb: