Codes for LML

rebel7777

Diesel Head
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB Canada
I just recently had my 12 truck through 2 codes, 0203B & 0205B, what are these about? Can anyone help?

Truck won't autostart anymore, its hard starting and runs with a whine out of the exhaust.

Hope I posted in the right area,

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
P203B-Reductant Fluid Level Sensor Performance
P205B-Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor Performance

Sounds like there is an issue with your urea tank. Possibly a wiring issue. If these codes set it will disable the remote start function. Shouldn't cause a hard start though...

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
P203B-Reductant Fluid Level Sensor Performance
P205B-Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor Performance

Sounds like there is an issue with your urea tank. Possibly a wiring issue. If these codes set it will disable the remote start function. Shouldn't cause a hard start though...

X2 a buddy of mine had those codes had to have the urea tank replaced. And no it won't start with the check engine light on

rebel7777

Diesel Head
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB Canada
It's hard to start, actually has stalled on me a couple of times, since the codes were thrown. Wierd I know, I hate this Urea crap, I may just end up removing it, sad at only 8000 miles.

I'll take it in to the dealer, how long to typically get the tank replaced if this is the issue?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
You may have more than one issue. There is a bulletin out for the fuel filter sensor leaking and causing air to get sucked into the fuel supply system and causing a hard start. May be your issue, on top of the urea tank problem. Urea tank doesn't take long at all to replace, its just the BS hoops the technician will have to jump through to make GM happy.

Or it could just be a wiring issue...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
You may have more than one issue. There is a bulletin out for the fuel filter sensor leaking and causing air to get sucked into the fuel supply system and causing a hard start. May be your issue, on top of the urea tank problem. Urea tank doesn't take long at all to replace, its just the BS hoops the technician will have to jump through to make GM happy.

This guy is sharp for an oil change tech! It's like he has access to GM computers with step by step DTC troubleshooting procedures

rebel7777

Diesel Head
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park, AB Canada

Wouldn't there be diesel on the ground if this is the case?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
No because the fuel supply system is under a vacuum. There is no fuel pump pressurizing the lines. So it would be sucking air through the fuel filter sensor into the fuel supply system. The bigger the leak/vacuum, the more air that can in theory get sucked in. I for one have not personally seen one of those fail yet however our dealership is small.