LB7: Code P0872 and no forward gears

richard_kerksiek

Dec 29, 2017
I have a 2003 duramax I just purchased the truck drove home ran and drove great no issues what so ever the next day I got in the truck to leave the house put it in drive and it locks it's self in neutral with no forward gears flashes shift range enhibited and has code p0872 so far I've replaced ignition nsbu switch checked all grounds new spin on filter and a new tfps switch still has same symptoms I'm at a loss and need help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Did you get any help or figure out your issue, I have an 04, trans working completely fine, get in my truck yesterday morning and truck says range shift inhibited, truck had forwards gears but no reverse, and no overdrive, tried hooking my decoy trailer to truck and truck couldn't move the trailer. I'm throwing different codes though.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have a 2003 duramax I just purchased the truck drove home ran and drove great no issues what so ever the next day I got in the truck to leave the house put it in drive and it locks it's self in neutral with no forward gears flashes shift range enhibited and has code p0872 so far I've replaced ignition nsbu switch checked all grounds new spin on filter and a new tfps switch still has same symptoms I'm at a loss and need help

Stuck E shift valve possible.

richard_kerksiek

Dec 29, 2017
Did you get any help or figure out your issue, I have an 04, trans working completely fine, get in my truck yesterday morning and truck says range shift inhibited, truck had forwards gears but no reverse, and no overdrive, tried hooking my decoy trailer to truck and truck couldn't move the trailer. I'm throwing different codes though.
No never did I recently replaced another part no longer getting any codes but still no forward gears on your truck with it in park disconnect the clear plug off the tcm with it running should throw it in limp mode if it's an electrical problem you should have reverse and third check all your grounds I was getting p0872 code due to bad connection on my starter out of all things