LMM: Chassis Cab DPF Delete.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Have some questions regarding a 2010 LMM Chassis cab truck i need to do some work on.

They want the DPF deleted, egr deleted, lift pump/pre-filter system installed (they have poor fuel) and a mild tune.

heres my questions.

On the exhaust system, I realize the chassis cabs are different and that Flo-Pro makes part number 851 which is a complete cat-back system. However i cannot find how complete it is. Does it still turn down in front of axle or do i need to order a seperate tip. Does it include a muffler. And as far as the front-pipe goes is it the same as non-chassis cab trucks meaning i could just use the front pipe from one of them or not?

Aside from that I am sure the EGR system is the same.

Did they detune the LMM Chassis Cabs or not?

And when it comes to an Air Dog system, they will not install the same on a chassis cab correct? As the fuel tanks are mounted differently? And what would be the proper way to plumb the system with the two tanks?

If I could have the truck in front of me to look at id have a lot fewer questions. But its 1.5 hours away. So i figured i'd see if anybody else had done much to chassis cabs and would have any answers or heads up.

Thanks.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
When I did a DPF delete on a Cab/Chassis a few months ago, we couldn't find an actual DPF delete pipe from Flo-Pro, so I took a short 4" Magnaflow muffler and put it in place of the DPF. It was almost exactly the same size as the DPF. I just had to make some little adapters that went from 3.5" to 4" and had the right angles to make everything line up. It turned out pretty nice, but I don't have any pictures or anything.

As for the Air Dog, you may or may not have trouble getting it mounted depending on cab configuration, but I think hooking it up would be pretty easy. The way I understand it, the fuel going to the engine is all drawn out of the front tank, and there is a transfer pump that pulls fuel from the rear tank and feeds it to the front tank. To be honest, I never really looked at the fuel system all that closely though.

I don't know about the power level, but I do know the EGR system is the same as a regular LMM.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Thanks josh, they want $400 for that kit, im thinking just a muffler and tip sounds cheaper.

Theyre talking like they might just drop it off, then ill have time to make it work.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The muffler I used was Magnaflow P/N 12770. I just left the goofy turndown DPF tip on there.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
The Flo Pro part #851only replaces the DPF. Bolts right to flange behind cat at end of front pipe. Puts a muffler where the DPF used to be and then comes with a turn down tip in front of the axle. Sorry if my reply in the other post wasnt descriptive enuf. If youre wanting to delete the cat too, i bet that its the same front pipe as other wheelbase trucks.
I know the LML cab/chassis and box delete trucks are detuned but not sure about the LMM's.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
yours was helpful thanks, i just was more curious about the frontpipe i guess.

The tip is part of the dpf is it not? i might leave it as one then if they do want to put it back on.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
yours was helpful thanks, i just was more curious about the frontpipe i guess.

The tip is part of the dpf is it not? i might leave it as one then if they do want to put it back on.
I'm 99% sure the front pipe is the same as every other LMM, and the tip is part of the DPF pipe.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
So I should be able to get a 4" frontpipe, 4" muffler two clamps and a turndown tip and I should be set short of making my own hangers?

What's the quietest muffler?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Ordered diamond eye frontpipe for 01-07 trucks, MBRP muffler and MBRP turn down tip. Plus two clamps. Ill make my own hangers for it. Should work hopefully.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
From what I remember on the truck I worked on, there is a different cross member arrangement on the cab/chassis that may make it a little difficult, but it shouldn't be anything you can't deal with. You may want to have a few bends handy just in case.