Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was wondering what a thread/poll like this would look like. I was wondering what the majority here uses for cell phone service. Also, how satisfied are you with who you use? Do you ever go to rural areas, and if so, do you have trouble getting signal? What were the reasons you chose to go with who you did?

I use AT&T. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I sometimes have trouble getting signal in rural areas of East Texas. I chose them because they had a good military discount on phones and service, and they had a plan that had nationwide service with no roaming and no long distance. I kept them because after they merged with Cingular they added the mobile to mobile, and I could call all my family without using any minutes plus rollover minutes.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I also use AT & T have had them for about 16 years with no major complaints. I had t-mobile for a while for a data card and palm phone for a couple of years but at that time they sucked big time.

Pat loves his old man jitterbug :rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I also use AT & T have had them for about 16 years with no major complaints. I had t-mobile for a while for a data card and palm phone for a couple of years but at that time they sucked big time.

Pat loves his old man jitterbug :rofl:

X2!

And Pat......A jitterbug, WTF! :rofl: Figured you for a super hi-tech phone guy!

Anyone remember the old Motorola "brick", :rofl::D We had one and it was even bigger with the whip antenna and extended battery! And roaming, pffffft hahahahaha:D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Verizon.....been with them for a longgg time. Maybe 1990? First phone was a Motorola Star-tac. I think its still sitting in a drawer somewhere around the house.

I've never had an issue with Verizon. Very few dropped calls, lots of coverage area.

I think they are also finalizing their buyout of Alltel, too.

Last edited:

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Verizon.....been with them for a longgg time. Maybe 1990? First phone was a Motorola Star-tac. I think its still sitting in a drawer somewhere around the house.

I've never had an issue with Verizon. Very few dropped calls, lots of coverage area.

I think they are also finalizing their buyout of Alltel, too.

I remember the Star-tac.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
verizon , great coverage a discount for goverment employees , and have had them reduce my bill several times when i have went over they reduced it to keep me as a custommer and gave me another palm treo when mine broke and i didnt have insurance 550.00 phone mine buisness is theres .

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
verizon , great coverage a discount for goverment employees , and have had them reduce my bill several times when i have went over they reduced it to keep me as a custommer and gave me another palm treo when mine broke and i didnt have insurance 550.00 phone mine buisness is theres .

I have the Palm Treo 700wx Smartphone,Also get a discount think its 21% off.and 25% on add ons.The service was better with my older phone I think my Treo might not be 100% ok drops calls so need to get it checked out also cuts off on its own.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
AT&T for about a year... before that it was T-mobile for about 6-7 years. I had no problems with t-mobile though I think it got a little worse coverage in rural areas but other than that, impeccable. Since going with AT&T, it's also been fine though they aren't helpful AT ALL with the iPhone. That's extremely inconvenient IMO. Coverage area is fantastic, even in rural areas. LOVE the iPhone and am overall, pleased with AT&T and have no intentions of switching in the foreseeable future.

C-ya

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sorry, I thought the name of the thread was call service; who do you use? i was about to ban you.:rofl::hug::D

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I am with verizon, my father has been with them long before they were verizon. Their current records only go back 17 or so years, but like many of you he had the brick phone with the seperate carrying bag :rofl: back before they became verizon.

Service is great and being loyal to them this long sure pays off when you go over your plan or need a new phone.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I had sprint for about 9 years there service sucked for the first 3 years but then imo was much better my cell service was great and my wireless cards where super fast but there customer service suckssssssssssssssss big time. now i switched to verizon. there wireless cards are slower then sprint and cell service seems about the same. to early to tell. if i could have verizon customer service with sprint coverage and speed tht would be ideal for me.