Can OEM exhaust be took off without cutting?

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
I have a 2005 ECSB Duramax 4x4. I have a turbo/downpipe back MBRP cool Duals Exhaust I plan on taking to a shop to have installed. My truck has 3" drop shackles in the rear. I was wondering if the stock exhaust can easily be unbolted without cutting it? THANKS!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Yes did mine years ago in the driveway. Got to have the rear high up and then let the rear axle hang down. Then take the clamp off by cat comes off in 2 pieces.

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I had to remove the right shock and jack up the rear pretty high, plus I also had to remove 2 inches of my factory tail pipe because I could not get the truck up high enough... but it is a CC short bed

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
If you can at least get someone to pick it up with a forklift, pick it up under the hitch and let the rearend hang. Get the tires about a foot off the ground and it will slip right out. The new one will go on easier than the OEM came off.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I have 5" shackles in mine and it came out in one piece. I had to pry it out with a Crow bar even with all the weight off the rear end. But it did come out
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I've never had to remove a shock or get the wheels in the air. Just jack from the hitch to get full droop and it comes right out. I don't carry a spare under bed, so that helps too.