Built lb7 trans in lly

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I've searched and seen a lot of post about swapping an lb7 trans into an lly and vice versa. Apparently you need to change the valve body, NSBU, and internal trans harness due to the g solenoid. What I'm wondering is if can I just swap my built trans from my 2003 lb7 into an 05 lly and put the lly trans back into my 03 and just swap Tcms to eliminate tearing into trans and being a direct swap besides changing the NSBU switch. I believe I had read that the lly trans can be directly swapped into an lb7 without changing anything. If I can't swap Tcms. Can I just flash the lly TCM to an 03 software and make it work that way. Trans fittings are the same also. I'm just trying to make it a quick swap instead of tearing into the trans and switching valve bodies.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
You should just have to pull the G solenoid on the trans that's going into the LB7 and put it in the trans that's going into the LLY.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
That would make it pretty easy but I didn't even think there was a spot to put the g solenoid in an 03 lb7 VB. I'd really like to know if I could just swap tcms of just reflash the lly tcm to work with the lb7 trans.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
It works no codes
Only difference is g trim solenoid really.
I have swapped lb7 and lly valve bodies
Trucks did not get at all pissed off

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
A tcm flash will work just fine. Had an 03 and PO had an 05 os in the tcm. Threw code for g solinoid. Flash lb7 os and was good to go

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Thanks. I'll be doing the swap this weekend. Lly trans will go into my 03. Then my trans will go into my new truck. I'll send the tcm out to be reflash and I should be good to go. Thanks.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I'll try and swap them first. If not I'll just leave them in and send out the lly tcm to be reflashed. Still got some work to do before the lly goes on the road.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Make sure the trans cooler line fittings are the same. I know they used diff sizes around those years. Not a big deal but just thought I'd mention it.

I mentioned in my first post that they were the same. Thanks for looking out though. :thumb: