LML Boosted launch

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Any of you guys doing boosted launches with H&S on hot with stock tie-rods? I hear that the lml tie-rods are a little beefier than previous models. I'm hitting the track tonight if it doesn't rain and I'm debating on boosting hard....

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
even if the tie rods hold there's nothing stopping centerlink movement..

don't expect it to be fun when you drop the brake. Hopefully you'll be able to drive it home

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
id try it. the TCM is gunna tq limit the trucks launch anyhow. just dont go balls out on the first launch. id be more worried about how it will react out the gate than breaking something

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
I have done a 5lb launch on the street and it didnt feel too bad, but I did spin. Think ill just do a boosted 2wd then maybe a light 4wd one. Its starting to drizzle right now, hopefully it will pass over:(

Sent from my droid bionic while driving through your yard, smashing your cute little kittens.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
2wd on stock tires is almost worthless, doesn't take much power to blow through the tires in 2wd.

Like the guy above said, i'd be more interested in how it responds right after the initial launch. If the power hits hard, its going to jerk the steering.

My truck would go crazy as soon as the turbo lit on unboosted launches in the 1/8 when I didn't have the centerlink brace. I installed the allseason brace and built the trans since then and I haven't been back to any track, 1/8 or 1/4.

Maybe try a partial throttle until you shift into 2nd? Its really going to be a hit or miss depending on your tunes and traction.

Just trying to help, although my experience is very limited.

Gp184

Coonass and proud!
Nov 24, 2011
Reserve, La.
Gonna have to try another day... they just had a washout at the track:mad:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I have done a 5lb launch on the street and it didnt feel too bad, but I did spin. Think ill just do a boosted 2wd then maybe a light 4wd one. Its starting to drizzle right now, hopefully it will pass over:(

a 5psi 4wd launch will probably be worse then 2wd