bone stock 06 lbz duramax

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
my bone stock duramax is getting about 16.5mph running 75 on interstates ( thats a 300 miles trip)

looking to increase mph and add a little performanace. trying to stay under 800 for now.

what some things to be done, if u recommend exhaust and tuning or cai, please include what type and wheres the best place to order from.. thank you. im new to the diesel world! and i love it already!

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
mbrp installer series sounds amazing and if you want cheaper diamond eye striaght piped all you need is a 4" guys out there with 1000hp trucks runing 4". ecm tuned with dsp5 switch from a good tuner idaho rob or trent great tuner many more also. robs tuning is about 21 plus mpg and for trans- trans go jr.
PS once you start you just cant stop addiction!
oh and there is no ead of performance:thumb:

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
how much does the dsp5 switch and tune cost? and how do i get ahold of someone with knowledge of doing it? and wheres the price of the installer serious and where to order it from? is it a bolt on kit, i could do in a driveway? im working on the road and dont know when ill have a chance to get back to my shop.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
There are a few good tuners out there that offer EFI Live DSP5 tuning. Do some searching on here and ask some questions. Duramax Tuner, Rob Coddens, Diesel Addiction are just a few. These guys dont mind talking to you and giving advise. As mentioned before I would start with a Transgo Jr., guages, then EFI tuning. Exaust is not necessary and the stock intakes are plenty good also until you get over 500 HP.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
ebay is where i get my exhaust from yes its a bolt on kit very easy to do i like the exhaust becouse i would rather have no back pressure agree with intake stock is good to 500wrhp. exhaust is cheap and helps all around. guages help also for monitoring things and keeping truck in check also do a egr delete asap. 10 dollar part and have a tune done to elimante the egr cheap insurance. also pcv rerout 15 dollar mod save you in the long run. just search it on here you will find it.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
ebay is where i get my exhaust from yes its a bolt on kit very easy to do i like the exhaust becouse i would rather have no back pressure agree with intake stock is good to 500wrhp. exhaust is cheap and helps all around. guages help also for monitoring things and keeping truck in check also do a egr delete asap. 10 dollar part and have a tune done to elimante the egr cheap insurance. also pcv rerout 15 dollar mod save you in the long run. just search it on here you will find it.

1. I would not give advice to a member if you think a diesel needs backpressure post turbo.
2. EGR delete is not 10 dollars.. More like 200 plus.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If you can find somebody with a V2, you can probably pay them for a license and have them flash a tune into your truck for you. The DSP5 switch costs $50(I paid $100 for 2 shipped to my door last month), and a VIN license is $125. I chage $50 on top of that for the use of my V2(in case something happens to it andd I have to buy another one), and don't normally charge for tuning(I only charge if somebody wants it in a hurry). i have a decent DSP5 tune for an LBZ I could send you as well if your interested. The truck i put it in went from getting 18 at 65 to now getting 21.5. An EGR blocker plate costs about $10+shipping from most places I have seen, and a cat delete ot a basic downpipe back 4" exhaust would be a good investment as well.

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
how tough is it to install the transgo jr? and egr blocker plate? gauges werent to expensive, what all do you recommend monitoring? and what exactly is a pvc reroute?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I would say Block the egr, and go with a dsp 5 switch and have someone tune it for you. Just be ready to hurt the trans though. I had a transgo and a ate torque converter and was still able to hurt the trans

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Blocker plate was only a pain because the two bolts are tight as hell. I wouldn't do anything to my trans except servicing it cause I don't want to screw it up. Many horror stories about people trying to do stuff to there trans in the driveway now they are spending twice as much for a rebuild

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
so far im thinking, egr blocker plate, pcv reroute, CAI, exhaust, and gauges. and than trying to find someone to tune it. what should i really monitor the most on the gauges?

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
ok, i think im going to go with the Edge Insight CTS, for monitoring, they said u can still do efi live on it, and switch on the fly on the insight screen? if i do go with the CTS would it come with everything i need to monitor the boost and egts?

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
1. I would not give advice to a member if you think a diesel needs backpressure post turbo.
2. EGR delete is not 10 dollars.. More like 200 plus.

never said a diesel needs backpressure thanks but restriction is still there with cat and muffler some people want there vehicle to sound good to thats the only reason i incuded an exhaust:thumb: Second a delete plate is cheap and if he doesnt have lots of money to spend its a cheap investment for the buck. So yes a egr plate is 10 bucks sorry maybe 15. Nice to meet you too.:thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
ok, i think im going to go with the Edge Insight CTS, for monitoring, they said u can still do efi live on it, and switch on the fly on the insight screen? if i do go with the CTS would it come with everything i need to monitor the boost and egts?

A cts will work for everything but switching your tunes since your a lbz. What part of Kansas are you in? I live off I435 and I70 and we tune and sell everything your looking for. Let me know if we can help you out.

Thanks
Henry

Dennon2009

Jan 15, 2012
Kansas
im actually about 2 hours from phoenix az. working right now, but ill be back to ks at the end of Jan... im located in southeast kansas (cherryvale ks) where exactly are you located.. do you have a website?