Bolt In Coilovers, Drop, Helper Bags, and other stuff Build

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I've been making some changes to the truck and its all finished up so I thought y'all might like to see. Ive had a few questions about some of the fab-work too so this should answer some. The truck has been do for some upgrades, so i decided to do everything I wanted to do before I moved for Uni.

So a list of everything, the plan was to make the truck ride better and tow good, while as low as reasonably possible, and basically get it ready for turbo/injectors.

-Coilovers, Ridetech direct bolt in kit that I'm testing for DBRods. 1100lbs springs, single adjustable
-Mcgaughys hangers and shackles for a ~3/5-4/6 drop
-Tow/helper bags
-Traction Bars
-ProFab EGR delete w/ 3" high flow Y bridge
-ProFab Manifolds, Up-Pipes, 3" Downpipe
-Full 5" straight pipe
-Tuning from IdahoRob, finally ordered my own V2
-SS Seats swapped in from my SS

Thats about it, Jon at DBRods did all of the fab work. Im waiting for a few more parts but should be finished up tomorrow night if everything comes in. If theres any questions please feel free to ask.

Big thanks to DBRods, Rick at ProFab, and IdahoRob at ATP!

As it sits now, almost finished

Coilovers!

Some ProFab goodies

Traction Bars, bag mounts and exhaust.

1" hiems

an idea of how much drop

Brackets cut

Bag mounting holes, and hole for the air fitting

New bags, and shocks

Couldn't have 4" exhaust

Last but not least the SS Silvy Seats, heaters work and all

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
:woott::woott::woott::woott::woott::woott::woott:

Pics of front CV angles? Assume you used drop control arms? I really dig the leather.. I think I want to do that to mine when she runs again.

Looks sick! :D

Im jelly :thumb:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
:woott::woott::woott::woott::woott::woott::woott:

Pics of front CV angles? Assume you used drop control arms? I really dig the leather.. I think I want to do that to mine when she runs again.

Looks sick! :D

Im jelly :thumb:

Ill grab some pics of the CV's tomorrow, but they aren't bad. And nope, no drop control arms, its just the coilovers. I have a set of drop spindles I was going to use if they weren't enough drop or there was to much camber, but it all looks good.

looks good. Let us know what you think of those coil overs after you put some miles on them.

I will! driven/riden in lots of other stuff with the ridetech coilovers and they are amazing, hands down better than Qa1's plus they have a 1million mile warranty.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Thanks for the compliments guys! It's a good feeling to finally have this thing sit how I want it.

Very nice , truck sits perfect..

And not to brag, but right you are! .4* down with about ~100lbs in the bed

IMG_0841_zpsf40ebf4e.jpg

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
The stance on that thing looks amazing :thumb:

That's just drop shackles/hangers in the back and overload removed? Tire size?

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Is the front upper shock mount ok without extra bracing? Truck looks great by the way.

I think it will be ok, but we are testing it out to see before DBRods puts the kit on the market.

The stance on that thing looks amazing :thumb:

That's just drop shackles/hangers in the back and overload removed? Tire size?

Yes just shackles/hangers and just the overload removed, all other leafs are still there.
Tires are 305-65r17 Mickey ATZ's but they aren't really as tall as Mickey says they are. I'm actually looking for new tiers but not sure what size to get. I like the 305 width but its rare in this hight so I think I'm stuck with these or drop down to a 285 wide tire.

looks really good sir:thumb:what coils did you use? are these just drop in replacement?

Coils for the coilovers are what come with Ridetech, which are hyperco. These are 1100lb springs. The coilovers bolt right in except for drilling out the lower shock mount to a 5/8" hole.

I'm not sure yet about the rubbing, I assume I'll have to trim the bumper some but we will see...

Thanks for all the compliments everyone, hope to have it on the road tonight.