LMM: Blocker plate HELP!!!

oorah54

Mar 24, 2012
Is there anyone in or around the San Diego area that has put an EGR blocker plate in before? If so, what would it take from me to get you to put another one in? I have put way too many hours into trying to put this thing in but it refuses to completely go in. I have loosened the bolts all the way back, and I can get the top apart pretty easily, however I can't for the life of me get the bottom to separate. I've put ever bit of my 220 lbs. against a pry bar trying to separate it with absolutely no luck whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sign0085.gif
sign0085.gif
sign0085.gif

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
First off this job is MUCH easier with a buddy as it is almost impossible to use a prybar to seperate them and slide teh plate in. Second there is some grinding I STRONGLY reccomend you do to get the plate to drop in. The first one I did took me over 2 hours to do, but the last one took 2 of us less than 10 minutes(just to drop the plate in, not counting getting teh inner fenderwell and intake out of teh way). Also I found to take teh top nut off, but leave the bottom one on is best. For the blocker plate, take a grinder and bevel the edges on it first, second go in and round the inner parts of the opening to allow it to slide in easier. Let me see if I can find a pic to show you where I grind em at.

It's a rough skecth, but grind it back basically to where I put the black lines. It won't affect the sealing area, but will allow it to drop in SUPER easy. And also make sure you smooth and bevel the edges or else it will catch teh gasket when dropping it in.

Attachments

• BPLMM.jpg
    BPLMM.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

oorah54

Mar 24, 2012
The problem isn't with the plate sliding in. It's with the bottom part of the tube separating from the EGR. The top separates easily, but the bottom will not budge.

714banshee380

Dec 14, 2012
I will be installing my with EFI in the future...I'll let you guys know how it goes. Seems like grinding it as the fermanator sad would help a lot. it seemed so easy on my lb7?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
LB7, LLY, LBZ are all a cake walk, the LMM is a PITA IMO. With an extra set of hands to hold the prybar through the wheel well and a trimmed plate you can get one in in about 15 minutes.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You know I've been wondering about something... Which side y'all keeping the gasket on? It be more likely to leak out the exhaust from a pressure stand point, less likely from a heat stand point if its on the intake side. But it would be much more noticable to have an intake leak and hinder performance then an exhaust leak imo. Intake side having the gasket the consensus?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Gasket goes against uppipe or you will leak exhaust and you WILL notice it.

Grind the plate as shown, get a buddy to run prybar and it will be a 15-30 minute job.

714banshee380

Dec 14, 2012
LB7, LLY, LBZ are all a cake walk, the LMM is a PITA IMO. With an extra set of hands to hold the prybar through the wheel well and a trimmed plate you can get one in in about 15 minutes.

If your running an efi live tune is there really any point to run the blocker plate?

714banshee380

Dec 14, 2012
thanks for the heads up guys.. gonna get it popped in with exahust here pretty soon. Can't stand the check engine light for clean exhaust filter crap.