Block heater replacement

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Right side right in front of the motor mount. Mine took a crap like 3 or 4 years ago. Haven't changed it yet.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yup passenger side. Mine took a dump a few years ago too. Thought it was just the cord. Turned out that the block heater itself was cracked in two. PITA to change in the cold.

Nick

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Never knew there was issues these,mine keeps falling out over the summer and i have to plug it back in and then its good for all winter it seams

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Yeah this is for my buddy. I know were the plug is and I have disassembled a few engines but it's been awhile and I can't remember were it is in the engine. And how easy it is to get too.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just take out the passenger side inner fender, it's located near the motor mount like was previously said. If you're doing it in a heated garage you're golden. Outside in the cold sucks! Also, the replacement plugs don't work like the OEM one. The OEM comes on when plugged in. Most replacement cords only come on at a certain temperature. Can't stand that.

Nick

greif03lb7

cc/lb and lovin it
Dec 9, 2012
Granger, Ia
No the plug pulls off the heating element the element is held in with a nut I believe. I cant remeber exactly been a few years since I did one. I replaced the plug and element at the same time on my lb7.