LMM: bigger injector experiences???

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
Need your opinions and experiences.

I have 60% over exergy injectors and my balance rates are all pretty tight so I don't suspect the injectors, but I need your opinions.

First for the easy question, for everyone running hogged out injectors is your DIC very close on fuel burn after it was retuned?

second, and the more important question, over all the smoke is extremely manageable, but as the temperatures have warmed up I notice a pretty good haze at idle. So how much smoke is expected? Am I being to picky to think at idle it should be clean with these injectors?

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
My DIC is always a little lower on fuel mileage and I too have noticed a lot more of a haze at idle

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Who tuned for your injectors? what pressure is it running at idle to take the smoke away you will need to run higher pressure to atomize the fuel with the bigger injectors. what egt's are you seeing?

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Mine does not haze at idle but stink a bit with my MFE 60%. My rail is at 45 MPA. My mileage is fairly close if I drive normal, but if I am in it a lot, it shows less mpg then I am really getting

Kappa9012

Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
lol lets not get it twisted, at wot she'll smoke, but with a stock bottom end she's not blowing balls out like some, but once the tubros light it's not bad. I haven't logged it yet to see what kind of rail it's running at idle, but it holds rail pretty tight at WOT.

How far off is your DIC? I'm in the 15% neighborhood, and I've been trying to keep my foot out of it to see if it's my driving or something else.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Mine run cleaner than stock with 100 overs at idle. I run 42 MPA at idle. DIC usually is not that close after tuning. You could take the time to make it more acccurate but what is the real benefit? Your hand calculated is not going to change.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Very very loud it runs good and no smoke at idle but dang they are alot louder than stock and yes the tuning has been changed running 45 over tips from extrude hone the injectors where brand new bosch when it was done as for the dic i don't even look at it thinking to have the other company flow/balance them out to 100% will see hope they don't get any louder thats my luck :rofl:

Kappa9012

Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
just an update, new born showed up middle of august so i had to put this on the back burner.

I logged the truck at idle and it was running around 4300 psi rail pressure and constant visible smoke and heavy fuel smell. used EFI to override rail pressure until it cleared up. Pushed the rail up to around 5700 psi and she is happy as hell now, idles smoother, no smoke, quieter, and significantly less smoke.

Rob kicked out a tune for me immediately and problem solved. So idle smoke on bigger injectors can be corrected.