Best Pressure

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
what pressure are all you guys running? i know what the door says, but i hear of a lot of guys running pressures like 70 all around and such. i just wanna run the best pressure for mpg. oh yeah and tires are 265/75/16 general hts e-rated

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
When empty i run 45 in the rear , and 55-60 up front , loaded i go 60-65 front and 75 rear , for milage in would go 55 and 65 like the previous post suggested , I like the softer ride so i run lower in the rear , also a good way to judge is to look at the side wall and make sure the tires have the same amount of "squish" .

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
thanks guys. i just put at 55-60 all around. the dealer just put the tires on it a couple days ago and they had em all at 40:mad:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Make sure you don't exceed the max pressure rating of your tires. Some might tolerate it better than others, but we blew up 2 tires on the highway at 70+ mph because they were 10 psi over their max. Turns out we had a tire gauge that read 10 psi off.

As implied above, we run all our tires at their max rated psi. Not the best ride, but they tend to get good mileage, and since we almost always carry a load, they wear pretty well too. If you want a better ride and better traction, turn the pressure down until they barely start looking "low".

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
On E range tires, we always set them to 55psi for the people who never really tow. Gives the best ride, decent fuel economy, and good wear. But this was on Bridgestone and Firestone tires.

When you go to tow, bump them up.

Now trailer tires and such, always run them at the max.

Last edited: