Beatup Topic

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I have been toying with the idea of installing the stage 3 leveling kit from DMAX store w/Bilstein shocks instead of paying an extra few hundred for the one with Fox Shocks. Has anyone on here installed one of these and if so, how long did it take you? I also have a really annoying growl from what I'm guessing is an intermediate steering shaft(happens when I turn right only). I want a better ride but know cranking T-Bars hasn't given me that so far. I want to keep stock configuration/height if possible, etc. Anyone installed a kryptonite centerlink? Does it really make that big of a difference as some guys say? I'm just looking for opinions at this point. Thanks guys.:thumb:

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Centerlink is cake, as long as the pitman arms comes off easy..makes a world of difference..my 05 was night and day. One of the best investments I made. As for the leveling kit it looks pretty strait forward...maybe a day if you take your time.

Edit: just upper arms half day maybe

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I've been looking for a solid write up on this topic. I just bought the stage 3 front end from dmax store and also their leveling kit. I'm going to replace shocks while i'm at it as well. Can someone point me in the right direction?:confused:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Cranking the front vs installing a leveling kit will not change the ride quality much if any. The only thing it might do is fix the issue of topping out your shocks or suspension travel if you are having that problem.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Cranking the front vs installing a leveling kit will not change the ride quality much if any. The only thing it might do is fix the issue of topping out your shocks or suspension travel if you are having that problem.

That will help ride quality for sure but the truck will be far from riding like stock

The only way to make the truck ride like stock, for bigger tires and keep your steering as healthy as it can be is to put an actual lift kit on.