Bad Injectors??

GMC 08

Aug 2, 2010
St. Charles, MN
Guys.....check out this video. I assume the white smoke is bad injectors? It only does it at startup if the vehicle has been sitting for awhile (8 hours or so) Beginning of summer it was just a puff. It's gotten considerably longer this last month! This video was after it sat overnight. Hope it works.....first time posting a video!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
By no means is that a definitive answer. You need to do some diag before you know for sure

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
My LMM did the same, I didn't gain oil or lose coolant, got some fuel additive from the stealership and mixed it with a gallon of fuel and dropped my pick up line into the gallon jug and let her run til close to cavitation. I would try that remedy first...it's cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC 08

Aug 2, 2010
St. Charles, MN
Upper radiator hose is not hard. Smells like fuel. Hoping to check balance rates n my fuel pressure this week. I have the GM injector cleaner, which I haven't got around to doing yet.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Getting any glow plug codes?

Mine puffs and will haze for 2-10 sec depending on temp.

I just had two glow plugs go this week and mine hazes pretty good. Mine threw a check engine light for them, I know some will not depending on tuners

GMC 08

Aug 2, 2010
St. Charles, MN
So I did some data logging this wekend. I down loaded these PID files from ATPs website.
First one is Balance rates at idel.

picture.php

Balance Rates Park
picture.php

0-100 Run
picture.php

This 0-100 run doesn't look right? The throttle position did not go to 100% Max boost seems high. Do I have the right PIDS? How do I find my Flow rate for the balance rate??

GMC 08

Aug 2, 2010
St. Charles, MN
Balance rates where taken in an optimized stock tune position number 1. No sure how much ATP changes that tune?!? I'll have to give them a call

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Put the stock tune back in it and see if it still smokes and as Mike is eluding to that is where you need to ck balance rates and flow rates.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
sub'd. My LMM has a decent white puff at startup, not concerned with it as it's a straight pipe diesel. I do have a quite the rich smell coming from the re-route and exhaust though

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
sub'd. My LMM has a decent white puff at startup, not concerned with it as it's a straight pipe diesel. I do have a quite the rich smell coming from the re-route and exhaust though

Totally normal...

That's just unburnt fuel from cold cylinder walls and Pistons on start up. All deleted LMM's do it.

GMC 08

Aug 2, 2010
St. Charles, MN
My truck is currently parked. I don’t drive it in the winter anymore. I’m in the process of regearing it. After that I’m completely deleting the EGR (currently just have a blocker plate). So hopefully in the next month or so I can throw the stock tune back in and recheck the balance rates.