Anyone running a built 11.5 rear?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I believe Tony B was running one up until now. He'd sure as heck know how to build one to last, thats for sure.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Tim jackson had some bad ass real pricey 11.5 rear end in his truck. Not sure if he broke much from it. I know burton chassi can build them alot cheaper.

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I have allseasons spool and axles in my truck. Everything has worked flawless to date! Proformancepros also sells weld it yourself spindles and aluminum rockwell style hubs and gun drilled axles for the 11.5 aam

Papuller86

alittle more then stock
Jun 22, 2010
scranton pa
I'm bouncing back and fort if I should go complete open or keep running the truck the way it is, ive been running duals on a stock 11.5 with no issue yet,

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
in my opinion, if you are going to spend the money on open driveline? i would be looking into something larger than an f106. the pinion shaft is much smaller than the aam and the ring and pinion arent any beefier. go f172 or sqhd and be done with it!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I know burton chassi can build them alot cheaper.

Not really, i priced out both, take the dual wheel kit off proformance pros, and its very similar, and everything is gauranteed. Randy also starts with a brand new rear end, that drives the cost up too, with burton you supply your own, randy also puts a pretty nice gusset on, thats easy to make, but a nice peice.. Not saying one is better than the other, it just seems a lot cheaper cause you dont have over 3k worth of wheels, 1k on a brand new housing, and a warranty.. When i talked to Burton chassis they were very nice people, and sounded like he knew what he was doing, one of the big reasons i didnt use theirs was time, he was quite a bit out, and it didnt look like i was going to be able to get some tnt in before TS.

Randy worked a deal up on his set up for me, i didnt go with the dual wheel setup, i just used my own cause its hard to spend 3k on wheels for a few pounds.

I ran Yukon 38 spline the last couple years and started breaking axles quite often, until i broke a spindle competely off. My axle tubes have been bending more and more the last few years, and im sure everything was binding. Some say dual wheels on a single wheel housing will cause spindles to bend, but my tubes were bending right out of the housing, and bending pretty good. My tires are only an inch away from my leaf springs, so the only way i see to solve it is a gusset, or move the leafs, moving the leafs is not really an option in the 2.6 class.

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I'm bouncing back and fort if I should go complete open or keep running the truck the way it is, ive been running duals on a stock 11.5 with no issue yet,

Your running duals with stock axles and not breaking them?? Your tracks must suck!

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Your still on the stock rear driveshaft? I did this last year at 500hp in altamont, ny

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335146680.206800.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335146680.206800.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335146680.206800.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 57

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Thanks for making that more clearer Rob.

No problem, neither of these guys are making a killing off labor, as a matter of fact i think they are doing it for cheap. Parts to build these right and cut weight is outragous. Theres def cheaper ways of doing it, but the fab time, and the weight you might gain makes it less desirable imo. I did quite a bit of research when i was in the market. People forget about the little things like odd size bearings and seals, hubs, and brakes. Those defenatly add up quick when building a 11.5/f106 hybrid.