anyone rebuild IHI's?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well my IHI is taking a shit and I have another used one here but its almost toast too. Cant afford an aftermarket charger and wondering if anybody knows of anyone who rebuilds these? Fleece doesnt mess with the IHIs anymore and I dont really know anyone else but I have heard of people getting their IHIs rebuilt.

Thanks

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
My local shop rebuilds them and they carry a 1 year warranty. Shipping might be a little but its an option. Have you tried calling any turbo shops in your area? I bet Gillette rebuilds them.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
My local shop rebuilds them and they carry a 1 year warranty. Shipping might be a little but its an option. Have you tried calling any turbo shops in your area? I bet Gillette rebuilds them.

We don't have much for turbo shops here. I may give gilette a call. About a year ago Brayden said he could put a different wheel in it for me but not anymore. Shouldve done it then!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I know of a friend who puts different wheels in the IHI's and clips the exhaust wheel :thumb: reasonably priced too.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
When I was still nuking IHI's I got a few used from Merchant for a pretty good price. Give him a ring, might be about the same as re-building...

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I can send you one.. I owe you a charger....

Yeah I talked to your brother today he was very nice. I just wish I could get a freshened up one maybe with a different comp wheel that I didn't have to worry about crapping out soon. He told me to call back tomorrow.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Jordan did you try that shop by the GSR? Sierra Diesel or something like that on Mill St. They do turbos. Just an idea since it is in town.

I think they only do dodge and ford stuff but well see. Most places here charge $$$$$ too

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well big thanks to Brayden he's sending me a good IHI. I'd be up shit creek if it weren't for Fleece!

crazylb7

SPULN IT
Oct 22, 2008
turlock, ca
i would save up for a aftermarket turbo if you can i tryed getting a stock one from kennedy and put in the ppe inline boost valve and about 1 pull and 50 miles and a drag race later BOOOMBA shaft in the downpipe.... the first one was due to the wastegate being plugged before i knew that was a kamakazi modification but hopefully this works out for you i could have had a spell of bad luck

Last edited: