Anyone have issues with LML Rumble?

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Love my tunes but seems my truck is the ONLY truck my tuner has had that has this issue and hes a very well known tuner and awesome guy.

When Im at idle it still hisses sometimes and other times it will rumble. Cant seem to find any correlation or pattern as to when or why it does it. Doesnt matter if Im in gear or in park. Seems its better when warmer outside but still does it. High idle is not engaging either as I know that will do it. Does it on each tune I have being 40, 75, and 125. If I give slight gas to raise rpm up about 50 or so it goes away and stays rumbling.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue as well or I just a "special" truck. Hell maybe its something Im doing wrong cause Im sure its not the tuner. Enlighten me.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I'm sure he missed a table. Everything has to be just right or it will cycle back and forth. There isn't as much turbo control on the LML trucks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I have a customer with a 2012 and it does the same.. Set for rumble but only will when it wants to..

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Who are the tuners in question? Why is everyone always so secretive about who is doing the tuning anymore?

It's not like there is any bashing going on here. Just a discussion about idle rumble. Doesn't seem like anything to top secret, and information sharing is kinda the idea behind a public forum....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Have the same issue with 11-14 on the ones I tune. 15+ I have no problem getting the turbo to stay open at all times. still goes to 0% under a hot run but makes good boost and is spooled up and stays there, guess that's fine.

Last edited:

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Tony tunes mine. Just wonderinf if its a certain year lml thing or not. I know its silly but annoys the hell outta me. Kinda like truck has torrettes at a stop light.