Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Anyone else catch it. Pretty fu**in intense!! Good to see him walk away

[YOUTUBE]NSK03234JGc[/YOUTUBE]

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Kind of reminds me of the saying in MACKINs sig.Thank God he wasnt sliding into to heaven.I bet after today everything is a little sweeter,more vividA little nicer then he noticed before.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I saw it "live" on Espn Sunday. Glad he is okay, it was intense.

Not real pleased with the move to closed cockpits, purely from a "traditionalist" perspective. However, the results were impressive and I would say the days of open top top fuel are done. F1 will not be far behind. I am pretty sure LMP is all closed now too. Will Indy be the last open top racing form?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I saw it "live" on Espn Sunday. Glad he is okay, it was intense.

Not real pleased with the move to closed cockpits, purely from a "traditionalist" perspective. However, the results were impressive and I would say the days of open top top fuel are done. F1 will not be far behind. I am pretty sure LMP is all closed now too. Will Indy be the last open top racing form?

X2, it was insane to watch live and to watch him get dragged out of it and walk away was unbelievable to say the least because he creamed that wall hard! I like the closed cockpit and it is the way of the future forsure. Safety is the first priority and I feel that it worked!

SST 1953

Hard Corps
Feb 8, 2013
Casper, Wyoming
The most intense part was the tires destruction, the chassis is deigned to withstand that type of destruction, the canopy did its job perfectly, but the tires disappeared.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
X2, it was insane to watch live and to watch him get dragged out of it and walk away was unbelievable to say the least because he creamed that wall hard! I like the closed cockpit and it is the way of the future forsure. Safety is the first priority and I feel that it worked!

The closed cokpit cars are the future and look pretty sweet too! Saw some pics on competition plus and they better seal the cockpit up a little better because the fire still got inside ..... Cant wait to see a mono strut/closed cockpit car, oh wait... Big Daddy Don Garlits. :thumb:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Didnt they have the closed cockpits back in the day but then they were outlawed?

Wicked wreck though. A Testimate for the safety features those guys use.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
Didnt they have the closed cockpits back in the day but then they were outlawed?

Wicked wreck though. A Testimate for the safety features those guys use.

I dont think it was ever outlawed, just Garlits was the only one using it. DSR had to get it approved because of all the new rule changes in the nitro ranks.

Don Garlits was a trend setter for sure.

Attachments

• big_burnout.jpg
    big_burnout.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 80s2.jpg
    80s2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16