another new guy

flat river fire

May 5, 2009
Lowell, MI
vin

Thank's. I noticed a link to GM to check vin's on the forum. I have to do that. Not that it's going to change my mind about the truck, but I've been looking at programer's on line and I want to make sure I have the correct one. That's kinda how I came across this forum.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
What are you wanting to do with the truck? Tow, race or just have fun? Lert us know what you are wanting and we can help point you in the right direction.

flat river fire

May 5, 2009
Lowell, MI
Thank's for the welcome Kat. Looked up my vin and I'm a LBZ. I would like to enhance the towing ability and improve my fuel mileage. That was my entire reason for spending the extra cash on a diesel. Got soo tired of poor mileage with my last one, especially when pulling a trailer.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Welcome man. You will find all your answers here just ask away.

As for a good tuner the best "Box" tuner is the PPE unit if you are just pullin I would just get the PPE standard. EGR blocker and PCV reroute would also be very good things to do to help your truck lead a longer happier life. A good exhaust system from MBRP will help a bit to and if you kill the Cat it will help a bit more.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Welcome to the site. How about some pics of your truck?