Another Mike review.

Alex95

Oct 12, 2016
Irving, TX
So since I bought my lbz, a trans was on my get it done list. After months of forum hopping and studying (really like a day) Mike was the name that came up time after time. Not just from the Dmax guys but on Ford and dodge forums as well. Saving the money was a task of it's own. Fast forward to last month. Circumstances with the family made me leave deployment early and fly to Dallas where my truck was while I was overseas. Not getting into the details, but I drove it with my Harley in the back from Dallas to San Diego. 1440 miles. Come to find out the next day after I parked it and slept, it wouldn't stay in gear, or shift out of 1st. Got the classic Range Shift Inhibited message. General troubleshooting later it took a gallon and a half of fluid, and all seemed well again. I was still paranoid about what damage could have occurred in 1000+ miles of being that low on fluid.

Next day I called Mike. Conversation went something like my story, and a reply of well what do you want to do about it? Well a stronger transmission is something I've needed for a while, okay bring it in.

We're off. I met Mike, really caring straight up dude. Shop had multiple Duramax's scattered about. After about an hour of conversation (cool dude) I gave him my keys and left. Next day, came back, was ready around 2pm. Again, talked with Mike a while (again, cool dude) and he told me to be nice to it for 200ish miles. Off I was again (after handing him my savings). He wasn't wrong, it shifted gnarly at first. Converter slapped me into my chair a few times, braving rush hour on the 15. Drove it to work the next morning, and again stop and go traffic, but now it shifts smooth as all gettout. The converter no longer claps me sideways on takeoff. Shift better than OEM by far. Seems to hover right around 200°. I'm impressed. The whole thing was a good experience, and Mike even recommended me a diesel shop out in Dallas area where I could get work done if I needed when I move back out there.

Overall would do it again and again. Mike's a great guy to do business with, and I'm sure he'll see this, but thanks again!

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I drive down from Idaho to have him work on my stuff. I've done my share of my own Allison builds but i still make the trip as he is the BEST in the business.

Woodster

Computer Nerd
Aug 28, 2009
Utah
I drove down from Utah to see him for a refresh and converter upgrade and I was not disappointed. My LBZ has never felt better. Thank you Mike. :thumb:

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
I drive down from Idaho to have him work on my stuff. I've done my share of my own Allison builds but i still make the trip as he is the BEST in the business.

He's like, "The Transmission God"

I drove from Kansas twice. I wouldn't even consider another. Not only a cool cat but great person:coolspot:

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
I drove down from Vancouver twice for Mike L's Transmissions on two different Dmax's. Mike L is the man!!

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
I would love to drive to Mikes shop but I’m scared to take my truck through California , The crazy laws they have out there I’m bound to get it towed, I heard big tip loud exhaust is enough right there to get you pulled over and get your stuff impounded , if it does not comply with their E missions, too bad the people have to ruin a beautiful state ,Best bet for me to get it shipped either from him or Evan and put it in myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I've made two trips, first one to get the trans built and I left with a huge smile on my face from a badass trans, the second time I had to tow it because I snapped the input which I should have done the first time. Mike is one of the most trustworthy, reliable businessmen out there and is an all around awesome guy to talk to about trans or just bullshit with. Plus he builds the best Allison this planet has to offer.

I was fortunate to walk away with an amazingly badass converter to try out that still impresses me 1 year later. If something so simple as a converter swap is enough to put a shit eating grin on Mike's face as he rolls into the throttle from 20mph and it breaks the tires loose and pitches the truck sideways you know he built something awesome.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Over the years, Ive developed a short list of vendors in this hobby/sport who's opinions I take at total face value, whose advice I listen to no matter what, because I know they have my/our best interests at heart. These are people who tell the plain truth and do not have an ulterior motive behind what they say b/c beyond being vendors, they are enthusiasts the same as everyone else.

Mike Lovrich is one of those few people. (Rob is, too)

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Mike is one of the few people I trust to throw my keys to. Most of the family's vehicles have been in his shop..
Learned a lot from him and still learning.

Betty's trans has between 70-80k on it and its 4 years old. Hasn't skipped a beat yet.
Glad I am able to work with him sometimes and able to learn as much as I can.

:hug::mikelsheep:

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Same feelings on Mike. I've done two Allisons with him and I trust his opinions implicitly. Hes a stand up guy and I wish we had more people like him not only in our industry, but in our society as a whole.

Alex95

Oct 12, 2016
Irving, TX
I would love to drive to Mikes shop but I’m scared to take my truck through California , The crazy laws they have out there I’m bound to get it towed, I heard big tip loud exhaust is enough right there to get you pulled over and get your stuff impounded , if it does not comply with their E missions, too bad the people have to ruin a beautiful state ,Best bet for me to get it shipped either from him or Evan and put it in myself

Bruh. I have TX plates. Straight piped, deleted, tuned, etc. Been here for 5 years now.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com

Its not as bad as you think. I have never once got harassed for any of my trucks.